2015 Local Government Benchmarking Survey Results
From February to March 2015, Cherry Bekaert conducted the 4th Edition of our Local Government Benchmarking Survey. Based on respondent feedback from previous years, we tailored our 2015 survey questions accordingly. The Firm is pleased to present the results of this year’s survey, as well as share our four-year trend analysis data.
Some of the results highlights include:
- Two-thirds of survey participants saw salary increases in the current year and also expect increases for FY16.
- Almost 50 percent of staff turnover experienced in the past year is due to career advancement immediately upon leaving.
- One-third of survey participants do not believe Government Accounting Standards Board (“GASB”) 68 will improve transparency or the financial reporting of a government’s obligations.
- 65 percent of participants are following the GASB’s proposed other post-employment benefits (OPEB) standard.
- The majority of participants who have recently reported a deficiency in internal controls attribute that deficiency to a lack of resources.
Thanks to the over 120 government operational and financial leaders throughout the Southeast who participated in this year’s survey. If you have any questions, or would like future information regarding our survey or the results, please contact Krista Edoff at email@example.com.