2017 Local Government Benchmarking Survey Results
Cherry Bekaert is pleased to present the results of our 6th Annual State and Local Government Benchmarking Survey. Based on the feedback from over 150 survey participants, we are able to share these valuable results allowing government entities to compare their own performance, accomplishments and struggles with similar entities across the Southeast. We hope this report will help you better understand how your peers in the region are responding or planning to respond to a wide range of current issues.
Highlights from this year’s results include:
- Competitiveness of salaries was the most common factor attributed to turnover
- 15 percent of respondents indicated they had a data breach, with 9 percent identifying an external party as the perpetrator
- 21 percent of respondents do not formally train employees on internet security and 16 percent do not perform IT risk assessments
- Expanded use of cloud based services is being considered by 64 percent of respondents
- Only 33 percent of respondents think their entity needs to be more transparent
- 76 percent of respondents say their procurement policies were already compliant with the Uniform Guidance
- 77 percent of respondents believe interest rates will increase more than 1 percent over the next two years
Thanks to the over 150 government operational and financial leaders throughout the Southeast who participated in this year’s survey!
A copy of the 2017 Local Government Benchmarking Survey Results is available for download. If you have any questions, or would like future information regarding our survey or the results, please contact Krista Edoff.