Aaron Parris, CPA
Title:Partner, Assurance Services
Education:B.S. in Accounting, cum laude, Bob Jones University
A Partner in Cherry Bekaert’s Greenville practice, Aaron provides assurance and consulting services to privately held and family owned businesses in the manufacturing, distribution and real estate industries. He is a member of the Firm’s Industrial and Real Estate & Construction Groups. In addition to traditional audit and consulting services, Aaron has worked with clients on a number of special projects, including internal control documentation, merger and acquisition transactions, environmental remediation assessments and due diligence.
Aaron has served on various Cherry Bekaert committees, including the FIN 46 Implementation Committee, ACL Committee, Engagement Manager Committee and the Audit Efficiency Task Force. In addition, he serves as an instructor at various Firm training sessions on technical issues such as going concern and liquidity issues.
Areas of Expertise
- Asset Impairment Assessment
- Leasing Arrangements
- Inventory Costing
- Going Concern & Liquidity Assessments
- American Institute of Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Past President, Piedmont Chapter, South Carolina Association of Certified Public Accountants (SCACPA)
- Associate Member, Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE)
- Associated Builders & Contractors
- Former Board Member & Treasurer, Greenville County Mental Health Association