Amanda M. Adams, CPA
Title:Managing Director, Tax Services
Leadership Role:National Leader, Nonprofit Tax Services
Education:B.A. in History, University of Texas; M.S. in Accountancy, University of Houston
As the National Leader of Cherry Bekaert’s Nonprofit Tax Services, Amanda oversees all tax compliance and consulting matters for the Firm’s tax-exempt clients. Amanda communicates regularly with clients regarding the latest industry trends through continuous monitoring of legislative and regulatory developments. Also a senior member of the Firm’s Education and Nonprofit industry groups, she guides a broad array of tax-exempt organizations including educational institutions, charitable and religious organizations, as well as foundations, museums, social clubs and trade associations.
Amanda has been serving the taxation needs of not-for-profit organizations since 2003. Her background includes serving as a tax partner for six years at a Houston-based CPA firm. In addition, Amanda is the author of numerous newsletter and journal articles, and is a frequent speaker at various nonprofit seminars.
Specialties/Areas of Expertise
- Creation of Nonprofit Organizations
- Nonprofit Tax
- Private Foundation Tax
- Public Charity Status Redeterminations and Guidance
- Review, Analysis, and Planning Related to Unrelated Business Income
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Associate Member, AICPA Exempt Organizations Tax Technical Resource Panel
- Southern Association of College and University Business Officers (SACUBO)
- Past President and Member, The Woman’s Club of Houston