Daniel B. Powell, III, CPA
Title:Partner, Tax Services
Education:BA in Accounting with Honors, Texas Lutheran University; BA in Accounting with Honors, Texas Lutheran University
With more than 35 years of professional experience, Danny serves as the Managing Partner of Cherry Bekaert’s Austin practice. He concentrates his practice in the areas of tax planning and compliance, and succession planning and growth advisory for high net worth individuals, entrepreneurs and closely-held businesses and their owners.
As a member of THInc, the Firm’s specialty practice focused on guiding growth through innovation, he specializes in helping clients develop creative tax-optimization strategies that support their organizational and individual financial objectives.
Early in his career, Danny was a tax partner with a Big Four accounting firm in Austin. He left the Big Four to establish and grow the Austin-based firm Powell, Ebert & Smolik, where he has been practicing for the past 25 years.
Specialties/Areas of Expertise
- Closely Held Business and their Owners
- Estate & Trust Taxation
- High-Net-Worth Individuals
- Pass-through entities
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants (TSCPA)
- Executive Committee, Austin Symphony Orchestra
- Past President & Treasurer, Knights of the Symphony
- Treasurer, Harvey Penick Foundation
- Long Range Planning Committee, Membership Committee, Past President, Austin Country Club