Dara M. Simon, CPA
Title:Partner, Tax Services
Education:BS in Accounting, University of Florida
A Tax Partner with more than 16 years of accounting experience, Dara provides comprehensive income tax planning, advisory and compliance services for publicly traded and privately held companies and their owners. She has extensive experience assisting clients in the hospitality, real estate, technology, manufacturing, healthcare and distribution industries. Dara’s knowledge of domestic and international taxes allows her to provide clients proactive and effective tax planning, structuring and tax minimization strategies.
Dara is also a member of THInc, the Firm’s specialty practice focused on guiding growth through innovation. Clients in the technology, health and industrial sectors depend on her to help them maximize opportunities for innovation. Dara has also led Cherry Bekaert’s Cost Segregation practice.
In addition to assisting clients with their tax needs, Dara is dedicated to identifying and recruiting top talent for the Firm. She serves as the Campus Lead for Cherry Bekaert’s University of Florida campus recruiting team.
Specialties/Areas of Expertise
- Corporate Tax
- Cost Segregation Studies
- Pass-Thru Entities
- Tax Controversy
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants (FICPA)
- Leadership Tampa
- Accounting and Financial Women’s Alliance
- The Greater Tampa Chamber of Commerce
- Past Chairman and Past Board of Directors, Tampa Connection
- Advisory Board of Directors, University of Florida Fisher School of Accounting
- Sponsorship Director, The LAM Foundation
- LifeLink of Florida