David W. Appel, CPA
Title:Partner, Tax Services
Leadership Role:Managing Partner, South Florida Practice
Education:B.S. in Accounting, Florida State University
With more than 30 years of experience, David provides tax planning and consulting services to publicly-traded and privately-held corporations. As a Tax Partner and the Managing Partner of Cherry Bekaert’s South Florida Practice, clients rely on David for comprehensive strategic tax planning in closely-held entities, S corporations, partnerships, controlled groups and individuals. David is also responsible for coordinating the Firm’s value-added services to clients throughout the region.
David has extensive experience serving clients in the real estate, manufacturing, leisure, construction, franchising, wholesale, retail and service sectors. He also spends a significant amount of time working with portfolio companies of private equity groups. David is instrumental in working on exit strategies for his privately-held clients by providing seamless succession plans and maximizing results.
A member of the Firm’s Executive Board, David is very active in both professional and community organizations. His leadership is widely recognized, and he was selected as one of the “Top 100 Power Leaders” by the South Florida Business Journal.
David has spoken at continuing education courses for professional and business organizations, and has authored articles on tax matters for local newspapers and national publications. He is a strong supporter of community organizations and directs his and the Firm’s activities to assist the United Way, Kiwanis Club, Jack & Jill Children’s Center, the Women’s Fund of Miami and Big Brothers & Big Sisters of Greater Miami, among others.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants (FICPA)
- Former Board and Current Member, Association for Corporate Growth (ACG)
- Founding Member, MiamiDadeConnect
- Member, Miami Finance Forum
- Trustee Member, Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce
- Finance Committee, United Way
- Board Member, Neighborhood Lending Partners
- Financial Executives International (FEI), Committee Membership Programs
- Former President, Kiwanis Club Foundation
- Former Board Congregation, Schaarai Zedek Brotherhood