Dawn G. Patrick, CPA
Leadership Role:Industry Leader, Technology and Health & Life Sciences
Education:B.S. in Accounting, Auburn University
As Industry Leader of Cherry Bekaert’s Technology and Health & Life Sciences practices, Dawn has dedicated more than 15 years to serving clients in the technology industry and supporting the technology community with her time and extensive knowledge. She also leads Cherry Bekaert’s Corporate Tax Solutions group, which specializes in serving the complex tax needs of large multinational corporations. Additionally, Dawn is a leader of THInc, the Firm’s specialty practice focused on guiding growth through innovation. Clients in the Technology, Health & Life Sciences, and Industrial sectors depend on her to help them maximize opportunities for innovation.
Prior to joining Cherry Bekaert, Dawn spent 22 years with a Big Four firm, including almost ten years as a tax partner in the Lead Tax Services area and three years with a large Atlanta firm. Throughout her career, she has worked with public and private companies ranging from startups to large, international corporations. Dawn also has hands-on tax leadership experience, having been tax director with the multinational Intercontinental Hotels Group, where she managed the team responsible for corporate tax operations in the western hemisphere.
Areas of Expertise
- ASC 740 Accounting for Income Taxes
- Corporate Tax
- Technology & Life Sciences
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Georgia Society of Certified Public Accountants (GSCPA)
- Technology Association of Georgia (TAG)
- Women in Technology
- Award Winner, 2009 Pathbuilders’ Inspira Award for High-Achieving Women
- Nominee, Women of the Year in Technology
- Atlanta Business Chronicle’s Who’s Who in Technology in Atlanta