Edward T. Burke, CPA
Title:Partner, Assurance Services
Education:B.S., Accounting, Elon University
With more than 30 years of experience, Eddie is an Audit Partner in the Raleigh office, where he focuses his practice on providing audit and consulting solutions to state and local governments and not-for-profit clients. His 25 years with Cherry Bekaert has given Eddie significant experience with A-133 compliance auditing, forensic auditing, risk assessment services, strategic planning and process redesign, cash flow and cash management services, budget preparation, and property and equipment management.
Many government entities depend on Eddie’s knowledge, and he has served as engagement partner or concurring reviewer for more than 50 local government entities during his career, including large cities, counties, school districts, public utilities and various authorities throughout the Southeast. In addition, he has assisted various organizations with obtaining the GFOA Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting. Eddie is a member of the Firm’s Executive Board.
Areas of Expertise
- Circular A-133
- Financial Reporting for State and Local Governments
- Attest Services for State and Local Governments
- Financial Reporting for Not-for-Profit Entities
- Attest Services for Not-for-Profit Entities
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- North Carolina Association of Certified Public Accountants (NCACPA)
- South Carolina Association of Certified Public Accountants (SCACPA)
- Florida Association of Certified Public Accountants (FACPA)
- Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA)