G. Todd Batchelor, CPA
Title:Partner, Assurance Services
Leadership Role:Industry Leader, Financial Services Group
Education:B.S. in Accounting, University of North Carolina, Wilmington; Master’s Degree in Accountancy, Appalachian State University
As the Industry Leader of Cherry Bekaert’s Financial Services Group, Todd has more than 18 years of experience serving clients ranging in size from de novo start-ups to SEC holding companies with assets in excess of $30 billion. Clients who rely on Todd for assistance with all phases of accounting, accounting technical issues and financial reporting include some of the largest community banks and credit unions in the Southeast. Todd is recognized for his expertise in accounting, auditing, and strategic issues facing SEC-reporting banks, community banks, mortgage banking companies, thrifts, and credit unions.
Todd also assists and advises clients through all stages of mergers, acquisitions and FDIC-assisted transactions. In addition, Todd serves several Broker Dealer clients and participates in many consulting engagements, including outsourced internal audit projects. Additionally, Todd has assisted clients with Sarbanes-Oxley compliance, FDICIA compliance, internal audit outsourcing, registration statements and HUD compliance.
Before joining Cherry Bekaert, Todd was a leader within the financial services practice for both a Big Four accounting firm and a national CPA firm. His focus on client service was instrumental to the success of the financial services practices within these firms.
Areas of Expertise
- Regional Banks, Community Banks, Bank Holding Companies and Credit Unions
- Broker Dealers
- SEC Registrants
- External Audit and External Audit Services
- Sarbanes-Oxley and FDICIA Compliance
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- North Carolina Association of Certified Public Accountants (NCACPA)
- North Carolina Bankers Association (NCBA)
- Virginia Bankers Association (VBA)
- Habitat for Humanity
- Junior Achievement of Eastern North Carolina, Inc.