Howard J. Kies, CPA
Title:Partner, Tax Services
Education:B.A. in Accounting, Pfeiffer College
A Certified Public Accountant with more than 30 years of managerial, operational and financial advisory experience, Howard has helped Cherry Bekaert thrive, ensuring continued growth for the Firm and our clients. He served as Firm Managing Partner from 1991 to 2018.
Howard has worked extensively with organizations to help them navigate the challenges and complexities facing most companies that are expanding and growing. His professional and leadership experience includes strategic planning, operational oversight and improvement, negotiating mergers and acquisitions, process improvement and organizational change.
After joining Cherry Bekaert in Fayetteville, North Carolina, in 1976, Howard was admitted to the partnership in 1982. He served as partner-in-charge of the Augusta, Georgia, office of the Firm from 1983 until 1988 and the Richmond, Virginia, office from 1988 until 1991. Prior to becoming Firm Managing Partner, Howard was a regional managing partner responsible for the financial and strategic decisions for seven Cherry Bekaert offices.
Areas of Expertise
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Organizational Leadership
- Strategic Planning and Consulting
- Organization Change and Profit Improvement
- Professional Service Organizations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants (VSCPA)
- North Carolina Association of Certified Public Accountants (NCACPA)
- Board Member, Baker Tilly International