J. Douglass Cates, CPA
Title:Partner, Tax Services
Education:BBA in Accounting, University of Georgia
With 40 years of experience, Doug is a Partner of Cherry Bekaert’s Augusta regional practice. Doug has extensive experience with mergers and acquisitions, having assisted over 50 clients in buying/selling businesses and merging medical/professional practices. He is actively involved with closely-held business consulting and estate planning matters, physician practice consulting, succession planning and litigation support.
Doug has spoken at numerous business and professional events on various tax and business planning matters. He was instrumental in developing Cherry Bekaert’s Wealth Management practice and continues to manage the group.
Specialties/Areas of Expertise
- Entrepreneurial Services
- Estate & Trust
- Family & Closely-Held Businesses
- Owner Managed Business
- Transaction Advisory
- Wealth Management
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Georgia Society of Certified Public Accountants (GSCPA)
- Augusta Estate Planning Council
- Board Member, Georgia-Carolina Council of Boy Scouts of America