Jamie J. Byington, CPA, CFP®
Title:Partner, Tax Services
Education:BBA in Accounting, University of Miami
With more than 35 years of tax and advisory experience, Jamie is a Tax Partner based in Cherry Bekaert’s South Florida office. Jamie focuses her practice on the real estate and professional services industries, providing personal financial planning and taxation guidance, as well as assistance involving the taxation of high-net-worth individuals.
Actively involved in the Firm’s Real Estate & Construction group, Jamie leads the South Florida Real Estate & Construction practice. She also serves as Treasurer of the Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce and a founding member of Real Professionals Network “RPN” – South Florida and one of the original members of the Women of Tomorrow “WOT.” Jamie has received various awards and honors for her professional expertise and community contributions.
Jamie began her career at a Big Four firm where she spent over eight years in the tax group. Prior to joining Cherry Bekaert through acquisition in 2009, Jamie was a partner at a local South Florida accounting firm.
Specialties/Areas of Expertise
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Professional
- Estate & Trust
- High-Net-Worth Individuals
- Life, Health and Annuities Licensed
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants (FICPA)
- Financial Planning Association
- Treasurer and Real Estate Committee Member, Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce
- Founding Member, Real Professionals Network “RPN” – South Florida
- Commercial Real Estate Women Network “CREW”
- University of Miami Citizens Board
- Account Advisory Board, University of Miami