Jennifer C. Heath, CPA
Title:Partner, Assurance Services
Education:BS in Business Administration, concentration in Accounting, University of South Carolina—Aiken
A Partner with Cherry Bekaert, Jennifer has more than 20 years of experience in both public accounting and private industry. She assists clients primarily in the nonprofit, employee benefit plan, and financial services sectors with their audit and assurance needs. Jennifer has significant experience using data extraction software to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of audit procedures and processes, and she has instructed the Firm’s managers in the use of technology to increase audit efficiency as well as other topics.
In addition to serving audit clients, Jennifer devotes much of her time leading within the Firm’s Employee Benefit Plan Audit Group, providing specialized assistance with technical questions throughout the Firm.
Jennifer began her career as a staff auditor with Cherry Bekaert in 1997.
Specialties/Areas of Expertise
- Employee Benefit Plans
- External Audit
- Financial Institutions/Credit Unions
- HUD Multi-Family Projects
- Internal Audit
- Nonprofit & Government Entities
- Owner-Managed Business
- Privately-Held Commercial Organizations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- South Carolina Association of CPAs (SCACPA)
- Georgia Society of CPAs (GSCPA)
- President, Augusta Chapter of GSCPA, 2004
- Graduate, GSCPA’s Leadership Academy Program, 2002