Jim B. Smolik, CPA
Title:Partner, Tax Services
Education:Partner, Tax Services
As a Tax Partner in Cherry Bekaert’s Austin practice, Jim provides tax and business consulting guidance to middle-market businesses and their owners. With more than 40 years of tax and accounting experience, he brings a wealth of knowledge to his clients with respect to tax planning and compliance, succession planning and growth advisory.
Jim works closely with owner-managed businesses, investors and high net-worth individuals with tax and transactional planning, consulting and compliance. As a member of THInc, the Firm’s specialty practice focused on guiding growth through innovation, he specializes in helping clients optimize their tax structure in support of their organizational and individual financial objectives.
Prior to joining Cherry Bekaert, Jim was a founding shareholder of an Austin-based local CPA firm. His prior experience also includes more than 18 years as a tax partner and professional with a Big Four firm in Austin.
Specialties/Areas of Expertise
- Closely-held Business
- Corporate & Partnership Tax Consulting
- High-Net-Worth Individuals
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants (TSCPA)
- Finance Board – Austin Catholic Diocese
- Caritas of Austin
- Board Member and Officer, Rotary Club of Austin
- Knights of Symphony
- Church Pastoral Council, St. John Neumann Catholic