John T. H. Carpenter
Title:Principal, Advisory Services
Leadership Role:Industry Leader, Government Contractor Services
Education:B.A. in Government & Foreign Affairs, Hampden-Sydney College; MBA in Finance, Loyola College of Maryland
As Cherry Bekaert’s Industry Leader of the Government Contractor Services Group, John has been serving the financial needs of government contractors and other commercial entities for more than 30 years. Clients look to John to provide customized financial and business advisory services to help optimize cash flow and achieve revenue and profitability goals. John assists clients at all stages of business development – from helping start-up ventures successfully position themselves to obtain private equity financing, to assisting established companies throughout the merger and acquisition process.
Prior to joining Cherry Bekaert, John served for ten years as a director with Wachovia Capital Finance, where he launched the bank’s Government Contract Finance Group to serve the lending needs of businesses that perform technical or manufacturing services for the federal government. He also previously served in the commercial and middle market lending divisions at Signet Bank for 14 years, managing the portfolios of government contractors as well as other commercial enterprises in the retail, manufacturing and service sectors.
Areas of Expertise
- Government Contract Compliance
- Mergers & Acquisitions – Structuring, Financing, Due Diligence
- Budgeting and Forecasting Tools
- Collateral Review/Lender Diligence Services
- Professional Services Council (PSC)
- Tidewater Association of Service Contractors (TASC)
- Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business Council (SDVOSB Council)
- United Way of South Hampton Roads
- Virginia Beach Symphonicity