John T. H. Carpenter
Title:Principal, Advisory Services
Leadership Role:Industry Leader, Government Contractor Services
Education:B.A. in Government & Foreign Affairs, Hampden-Sydney College; M.B.A. in Finance, Loyola College of Maryland
As Cherry Bekaert’s Industry Leader of the Government Contractor Services Group, John has served the financial needs of government contractors and other commercial entities since 1979. Clients look to John to provide customized business advisory services to aid in strategic planning, budgeting, and mergers and acquisitions.
Throughout John’s career, he has served an active role with clients who are either making strategic acquisitions or selling business units or entire companies. John has also worked with numerous ESOP owned companies, and has worked through all stages of the ESOP process.
Prior to joining Cherry Bekaert, John served for 10 years as a Director with Wachovia Capital Finance, where he launched the bank’s Government Contract Finance Group to serve the financing needs of businesses that perform technical services or manufacturing for the federal government. John also previously served in the corporate and commercial lending divisions at Signet Bank for almost 16 years.
Specialties/Areas of Expertise
- Mergers & Acquisitions – Structuring, Financing, Due Diligence
- Service Contract Act Compliance, 8(a) and Other Small Business Programs
- Employee Stock
- Budgeting and Forecasting Tools
- Collateral Review/Lender Diligence Services
- Government Contract Consulting
- Transaction Advisory
- Professional Services Council (PSC)
- Tidewater Association of Service Contractors (TASC)
- Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business Council (SDVOSB Council)
- United Way of South Hampton Roads
- Virginia Beach Symphonicity