Kurt W. Taves, CPA
Leadership Role:Managing Partner, Tax Services
Education:BBA in Accounting, James Madison University
A Tax Partner with more than 20 years of experience, Kurt currently serves as the Managing Partner of the Firm’s Hampton Roads practice where he is responsible for overseeing key relationships to ensure a coordinated and seamless client service experience. Kurt is also a member of Cherry Bekaert’s Executive Management Team, serving as Managing Partner of Tax Services where he directs and manages the client service delivery process for the Tax service line.
Kurt provides sophisticated, proactive tax consulting and planning to a diverse set of clients including real estate development, investment and construction companies. In addition, Kurt assists clients with executive recruitment, financing arrangements and general business matters and has performed business valuations for buy-sell agreements, estate taxes, civil litigation and divorce.
Areas of Expertise
- Structuring Real Estate Joint Ventures & Transactions
- Developing Tax-Efficient Strategies
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants (VSCPA)
- National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts (NACVA)
- Treasurer, Portsmouth Community Foundation
- Central Business District Association of Virginia Beach
- Member, Board of Trustees for Nansemond Suffolk Academy
- Past President, Hampton Roads Estate Planning Council