Mark H. Cooter, CPA, PFS
Title:Partner, Tax Services
Leadership Role:Industry Leader, Real Estate & Construction Group; Managing Partner, SC Upstate Practice
Education:BS in Accounting, Wake Forest University; Master of Taxation, Georgia State University
As a Tax Partner in public practice since 1993, Mark currently serves as the Managing Partner of the Firm’s SC Upstate practice where he is responsible for executing the growth and branding strategy for the state of South Carolina.
As Industry Leader of the Firm’s Real Estate & Construction Group, Mark focuses his practice on the tax, consulting and growth needs of real estate and construction companies. In addition, private, closely held and large, publicly traded middle-market companies across the Southeast depend on Mark’s expertise with a variety of issues including complex tax matters, due diligence for mergers and acquisitions and growth advisory. His experience also includes serving high-net-worth individuals, entrepreneurial businesses, partnerships and flow-through entities.
Prior to joining Cherry Bekaert, Mark was a shareholder with a regional CPA where he served as real estate practice leader and spent four years with an international accounting firm.
Specialties/Areas of Expertise
- Closely Held Businesses
- Developing Tax-Efficient Strategies
- Growth Companies
- High-Net-Worth Individuals
- Partnership Taxation
- Pass-Thru Entities
- Structuring Real Estate Joint Ventures & Transactions
- Transaction Services
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- South Carolina Association of Certified Public Accountants (SCACPA)
- Urban Land Institute
- National Association of Real Estate Companies
- Board Member and Chair of Development Committee, Greenville Community Foundation
- Board Member, Artisphere
- Board Member and Treasurer, Family Affect
- Board Member, Camperdown Academy