Ray L. Clinebelle, Jr., CPA, CFE, CITP
Education:B.S. in Business Administration, Carson-Newman College
An Audit Partner in Cherry Bekaert’s Raleigh office, Ray draws on his more than 34 years of progressive accounting and auditing experience to assist his diverse client base. Clients who look to Ray’s guidance in accounting, auditing and business consulting include small businesses, credit unions, manufacturing, banks, real estate, construction, retail, not-for-profit and government contractor clients. Ray, a Certified Information Technology Professional, is a member of the Firm’s Risk Advisory Services group, providing SSAE 16 attestation services to commercial enterprises, government and nonprofit entities and higher education institutions.
As a Certified Fraud Examiner, Ray is a member of the Firm’s Fraud & Forensics team and is actively involved in providing fraud investigation and prevention services and has testified in U.S. Federal Court.
His industry experience includes working as the CFO for a large not-for-profit medical peer and utilization review organization, where he was responsible for all accounting and reporting for multiple government contracts. Prior to joining Cherry Bekaert in 1998, Ray was the managing shareholder of Clinebelle, Miller & Co., P.A.
Areas of Expertise
- CPA Firm Peer Review
- SSAE 16
- 403(b), Health & Welfare, Defined Benefit and Contribution Plans
- Fraud Investigations & Prevention
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) – Peer Review
- North Carolina Association of Certified Public Accountants (NCACPA)
- Past Chair, NCACPA Peer Review Executive Committee
- Board of Directors, Central Carolina chapter of CFEs
- Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA)
- Past Board Member, Past Treasurer and Past President, Knightdale Chamber of Commerce