Robert E. Martin III, CPA
Title:Partner, Assurance Services
Leadership Role:Managing Partner, Richmond Practice
Education:B.S. in Accounting and Finance, Virginia Tech
As Managing Partner of Cherry Bekaert’s Richmond practice with more than 18 years of experience, Rob provides assurance and advisory services to growing, middle market clients in the manufacturing, distribution and other commercial sectors. He currently serves as a leader of THInc, the Firm’s specialty practice focused on guiding growth through innovation. Clients in the Technology, Health & Life Sciences, and Industrial sectors depend on Rob to help them maximize opportunities for innovation. In addition, Rob is a member of the Firm’s Executive Board and Cherry Bekaert’s Industry Leader for the Industrial group, where he assists clients through identification of valuable cost saving ideas and is focused on the importance of adding value to client’s bottom line while providing traditional accounting and compliance services.
Rob began his career serving for two years in the internal audit and accounting department of a national financial institution, specializing in the areas of internal controls related to accounting systems and focusing on the commercial lending and deposit areas.
Areas of Expertise
- Manufacturing & Distribution Companies
- Assurance Services
- Outsourcing & Internal Audit Services
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants (VSCPA)
- National Association of Manufacturing (NAM)
- Roanoke Valley Chamber of Commerce
- Association of General Contractors
- Crimeline and Community Improvement Program of the Roanoke Valley