Victor H. Miesel
Leadership Role:National Leader, Transfer Pricing & Chief Economist
Education:AB in Economics and Political Science, University of Michigan; MPP, Applied Economics and International Finance & Trade, University of Michigan; Certification, Linear Models, Applied Statistics: Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research (ICPSR)
As National Leader and Chief Economist for Cherry Bekaert’s Global Transfer Pricing Services group and Baker Tilly International’s Transfer Pricing Committee, Victor has nearly 25 years of transfer pricing and business economics consulting experience earned in Big Four accountancy and economist based specialty firms. Victor’s expansive experience includes the supply-chain and corporate strategy management consulting arena. He has lead global economics consulting practices and has been lead economist for consultancies operating in New York, Boston and Europe, as well as a transfer pricing advisor to some of the world’s largest multinationals. Victor has partnered with industry and outside legal advisors defending and structuring complex business transactions across most industries, including consumer products, wine and spirits, high technology, medical, financial services, credit cards, asset management, insurance and investment banking.
In the area of transactions advisory services, Victor has been the lead economist on multiple IP migration structures, valuations for tax purposes, cost-sharing arrangements (CSAs), and intangible asset buy-in and buy-out arrangements.
Victor is a frequent contributor to publications including BNA Portfolio Series, BNA International, Tax Notes International, International Tax Journal, Tax Notes, NERA Economic Journal, and Compliance Week.
Areas of Expertise
- Business Economics and Econometrics
- IP Valuation for Tax Purposes
- Advance Pricing Agreements (APAs)
- Cost-sharing Arrangements (CSAs)
- IRC Sections 482, 6662, and OECD Compliance Documentation and Defense
- Elected by Peer Review and Euromoney Magazine as one of the World’s Leading Transfer Pricing Experts since 2004
- American Bar Association Tax Committee and Transfer Pricing Subcommittee
- International Fiscal Association (IFA)
- Baker Tilly International Transfer Pricing Committee
- Board Member, The Ford School of Public Policy, The University of Michigan
- Co-Chair, Fund Raising Committee, The Ford School of Public Policy, The University of Michigan