Wesley H. Watkins, CPA/PFS
Title:National Leader, Wealth Management Services
Education:BS in Accounting, Virginia Commonwealth University; Masters of Taxation, Virginia Commonwealth University
Wes is a Certified Public Accountant and Financial Advisor with 30 years of experience assisting executives professionals, business owners and high-net-worth individuals in the development, implementation and monitoring of personal financial plans.
With his unique and distinct perspective, Wes guides clients through an objective financial planning process where planning strategies are developed around specific personal goals related to financial, investment, estate and risk management. By focusing on personal goals and values, Wes is able to help clients evaluate, form conclusions and make decisions in identifying the most appropriate strategies to incorporate into their plan.
Wes is a Partner of the parent firm, Cherry Bekaert LLP, and also serves as President of Cherry Bekaert Wealth Management LLC, Chairs the Investment Committee, and is a member of the Portfolio Management Policy Committee.
Prior to joining Cherry Bekaert, Wes served as managing director of tax and wealth management services for the Richmond office of RSM McGladrey, Inc.
Specialties/Areas of Expertise
- Corporate Benefits & Retirement Plans
- Estates & Trusts
- Financial & Retirement Planning
- High-Net-Worth Individuals
- Investment Portfolio Management
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants (VSCPA)
- Personal Financial Planning Section of AICPA
- Richmond Estate Planning Council
- Richmond Private Business Study Group
- Registered Investment Advisor Representative, Series 65
- Board Director, Goodwill Industries of Central Virginia, Inc.
- Board Director and Treasurer, Bull Run Hunt, Inc.