Cherry Bekaert cares about the communities, neighborhoods, and places where our associates live and work. Our associates give back through volunteering and making a difference in our communities.
Sample projects from 2012:
- Hosted ‘Back to School Drives’ in various locations, collecting and donating school supplies to local charities including United Way, Boys and Girls Club, YMCA, A Gift for Teaching, CHIP (Child Health Investment Partnership), ChildNet, Teaching Tools for Hillsborough Schools and Back Pack Buddies programs
- Repair and Painting of low income house and painting and landscaping work at homeless shelter
- Back to school bowling base for children of CAPA (Child Abuse Prevention Association)
- Junior Achievement Bowl-A-Thon
This year’s “Most Creative Project” award goes to the Augusta office! The office teamed up with a youth group and painted an entire house for a family of seven.
This year’s “Most Impactful” award goes to the Richmond office! The office took 4 children on a back to school shopping spree at Target. The individual attention each child received will be a memory they will never forget!
This year’s “Cherry Bekaert Cares” focus was on impacting children within our community.
- The total financial donation towards this effort of all the offices combined was $7,170!!!
- The number of employees that volunteered in Cherry Bekaert Cares totaled 301!!!!