Cherry Bekaert Hosts International Business Seminar
Attended by representatives from Baker Tilly International member firms in China, India, Korea, Singapore and Hong Kong, and over 70 U.S. companies, along with C-Suite executives from various industry sectors, Cherry Bekaert recently hosted the international business seminar, “Insiders Advice to Doing Business in Asia Pacific.” Held on October 30th in Atlanta, Georgia, the seminar presented participants’ inside knowledge of strategies that have either worked or led to failure when competing in this challenging but lucrative market.
Some of the topics covered included:
- How successful U.S. companies encourage innovation while protecting intellectual property;
- Important considerations regarding cash management;
- Exchange rate volatility and other tax treatments before entering the Asia Pacific market;
- Best practices to protect against risk of fraud and bribery; and
- How to identify local market partners to help companies succeed.
With Baker Tilly International members flying in for the seminar from all of the participating countries, collaboration amongst the collective international attendees offered varying perspectives to the different nuances to doing business in this major financial market. In addition, the event gave the panel, Cherry Bekaert and attendees an opportunity to network and strengthen their business relationships.
As an independent and founding member of Baker Tilly International, Cherry Bekaert is able to provide clients’ with local knowledge with global reach. Learn more at our Baker Tilly International page.