PCAOB Updates Project Agendas
The Public Company Accounting Oversight Board’s (“PCAOB”) Office of the Chief Auditor recently published an update to its standard-setting and research project agenda. The revised agenda includes the Office’s present standard-setting agenda, planned milestones, and important recent developments.
The PCAOB’s standard-setting agenda includes the following projects:
- Auditor’s Reporting Model: Adopted in June and approved by the Securities and Exchange Commission on October 23rd.
- Auditing Accounting Estimates, Including Fair Value Measurements: Reviewing comments on exposure draft of the proposed standard.
- The Auditor’s Use of the Work of Specialists: Reviewing comments on exposure draft of the proposed standard.
- Supervision of Audits Involving Other Auditors: Supplemental request for comment issued, with comment period ending on Wednesday, November 15.
- Going concern: Covers PCAOB outreach, monitoring, and research efforts.
The PCAOB’s research agenda includes the following projects:
- Quality control standards.
- Changes in how data and technology are used in audits.
- The auditor’s role concerning other information and non-GAAP measures.
- Auditor’s consideration of noncompliance with laws and regulations.
The PCAOB standard-setting and research project agenda can be viewed on the PCAOB website.
Topics: Auditing Accounting Estimates (AS 2501), Auditor's Reporting Model, Auditor's Use of the Work of Specialists, PCAOB, PCAOB Office of the Chief Auditor, PCAOB Standard-setting Agenda, Public Company Accounting Oversight Board "PCAOB", Quality Control