SASB Board of Directors Appoints New Members
Prepping final releases of new standards for over 80 industries in ten sectors by the end of next year, the Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (“SASB”) recently announced that former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg and former U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”) Chairman Mary Schapiro have agreed to join its Board of Directors. Bloomberg will become chair of the Board of Directors, and Schapiro will serve as vice chair.
In addition, Head of Americas at UBS Global Asset Management Shawn Lytle has been appointed as a new member of the board. Lytle will be joining the following returning members:
- Dr. Robert Eccles, Professor at Harvard Business School;
- Jack Ehnes, CEO of CalSTRs;
- Steve Gunders, retired Partner at Deloitte & Touche LLP;
- Dan Hanson, Portfolio Manager of Jarislowsky Fraser USA;
- Erika Karp, CEO of Cornerstone Capital;
- Peter Knight, Co-Founder of Generation Investment Management;
- Suz Mac Cormac, Partner of Morrison & Foerster LLP;
- Clara Miller, President of The F.B. Heron Foundation;
- Catherine Odelbo, Executive Vice President of Corporate Strategy and Partnerships at Morningstar;
- Aulana L. Peters, retired Partner ofDunn & Crutcher LLP;
- Jean Rogers, Founder and CEO of SASB;
- Elisse Walter, Former SEC Chairman; and
- Ted White, Managing Partner of Fahr LLC.
To read the press release regarding the SASB’s new appointments, click here.