Catherine L. Bazley, CPA
Title:Partner, Tax Services
Education:BBA in Accounting, Emory University
A Tax Partner with Cherry Bekaert’s Real Estate & Construction industry group, Catherine advises clients on a variety of tax matters related to real estate operations and entity transactions. Her guidance extends to structuring tax-deferred transactions, partnership mergers and acquisitions, compensatory partnership interest issues, complex partnership allocation calculations, and inbound/outbound foreign investments.
Based in the Firm’s Atlanta practice, Catherine possesses 20 years of accounting and industry experience focused in commercial real estate. Specifically, she is experienced in tax planning and preparation for real estate owners, developers, investors, and high-net-worth individuals. Catherine also has familiarity working with multinational real estate investors and multistate partnerships, providing both tax minimization and optimization strategies.
Catherine was a real estate tax director at a local CPA practice before joining Cherry Bekaert. She also served as a senior tax manager with an Atlanta-based CPA firm.
Areas of Expertise
- Real Estate Tax Consulting
- Partnership Mergers & Acquisitions
- Multistate Partnerships
- Structuring Tax-Deferred Transactions
- S-Corporation Returns
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Georgia Society of Certified Public Accountants (GSCPA)
- NAIOP Commercial Real Estate Development Association
- Treasurer, Neuroscience Education & Research Foundation
- Founding Member, Smyrna Education Foundation