Michael DeSiato, CPA, CFP®, CExP
Title:Partner, Tax Services
Education:B.S. in Accounting, Florida International University; Master of Science Degree in Taxation, Florida International University
Designations:CPA, CFP®, CExP
A Tax Partner in the South Florida practice of Cherry Bekaert and an active member of the Firm’s Real Estate & Construction industry group, Mike specializes in proactive tax planning and compliance for growing, middle market companies. Clients in various industries depend on Mike’s expertise and proactive approach, including those in the construction, real estate, distribution, travel and broadcast industries.
With more than 35 years of experience in public accounting, Mike advises clients on tax issues, asset and estate tax planning, tax minimization techniques, personal financial and exit planning matters.
In addition to being a CPA, he holds the specialty designations of a Certified Exit Planner (CExP) and CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ (CFP®). He has spoken at various conferences for professional organizations, and has authored articles on tax matters for local and national publications.
Areas of Expertise
- Construction Taxation
- Tax Reduction Strategies
- Succession & Exit Planning
- Closely Held Businesses
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants (FICPA)
- Tax & Legislative Affairs Committee, Construction Financial Management Association
- Past President, Greater Miami Tax Institute
- Treasurer, Miami-Dade Chapter of the CFMA