Nick Stone, CPA, CISA
Title:Director, Advisory Services
Education:B.S. in Computer Engineering, Bucknell University; B.A. in Literature, Bucknell University; Master of Science in Computer Engineering, Johns Hopkins University
As Director of Risk Advisory Services at Cherry Bekaert, Nick helps businesses implement sustainable enterprise risk management programs by optimizing internal control systems and elevating actionable enterprise data. He provides clients a range of advisory and assurance services, including financial system and process design, business intelligence solution delivery, internal audit co-sourcing, internal control assessment, including IT general controls, post-acquisition integration and attest engagements.
Possessing more than 15 years of experience spanning accounting, finance and operations, Nick began his career at a Fortune 500 multinational corporation as a Software Engineer. He later transitioned to a Big Four accounting firm, where he was responsible for managing global integrated audit procedures at several public multinational corporations and then leading the system and process assurance practice supporting central and eastern North Carolina. Prior to joining Cherry Bekaert, Nick served for eight years in leadership roles including Financial Planning and Analysis Director and Sales Controller for a large public, multinational semiconductor company.
Areas of Expertise
- Financial System and Process Design & Implementation
- Business Intelligence & Data Analytics
- COSO Internal Control and COSO ERM
- Financial Accounting and Reporting
- Sarbanes-Oxley Section 302 and 404 Reporting Requirements
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- North Carolina Association Certified Public Accountants (NCACPA)
- Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA)
- Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA)
- Board Member and Advisory Committee Member, Business Analytics at Wake Technical Community College