Nashville | 2018 Annual Not-for-Profit Seminar
Attendees who participate in the full program will receive 4 hours of CPE. Early registration is now open. Seating is limited, so sign up today!
What’s New in the Nonprofit Tax World
- Amanda Adams | Managing Director | Cherry Bekaert LLP
- Gay Moon, Partner | Cherry Bekaert LLP
During this session, we will bring you up-to-date on the latest developments affecting nonprofit organizations from a tax perspective. In addition to covering all the changes affecting not-for-profits brought about by the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (“TCJA”), we’ll highlight the subsequent guidance received as well as discuss how the industry is responding and adapting to the new rules. Topics will also include other guidance issued by the IRS, changes to information about not-for-profits provided on the IRS’ website, and updates to the IRS’ strategic plans.
- List provisions of the TCJA to determine which impact their organization.
- Describe how the not-for-profit industry is responding to the changes brought about by the TCJA.
- Analyze whether there are any other changes at the IRS or in recently issued guidance that affect their organization.
Not-for-Profit Accounting & Auditing Update
- Patricia Pryor | Partner | Cherry Bekaert LLP
- Steve Riley | Partner | Cherry Bekaert LLP
This course is designed to provide not-for-profit CFOs, controllers, and other professionals with a broad update on new and potential accounting pronouncements issued by the FASB that will or may have a potential impact on not-for-profit entities.
- Recognize recently issued ASU’s and their impact on NFPs.
- Review various illustrative examples to give a better picture of the proposed changes.
- Review pending exposure drafts and their potential impact on NFPs.
Protecting Your Organization’s Reputation Against Fraud
- Tara Edwards | Partner | Cherry Bekaert LLP
Don’t be another fraud statistic! This course takes a look at the types of fraud that affect not for profit organizations, as well as common fraud risks, dollar impact and detection methods. Participants will gain an understanding of 5 key principles to help manage fraud risk and strengthen internal controls at their organization. These best practices can help protect an organization’s reputation.
- Understand risks that impact an organization’s reputation, including fraud risks.
- Understand the 5 key principles to manage fraud risk.
- Identify best practices for managing fraud risk and strengthening internal controls
Prerequisites | None
Advanced Preparation | None
Hours of CPE | 4 hours*
Program Level | Basic
CPE Category | Accounting, Auditing, Business Management & Organization, Taxes
*Cherry Bekaert is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website. | www.learningmarket.org
Cherry Bekaert Continuing Professional Education: Statement of Administrative Policies
Complaint Resolution Policy
Cherry Bekaert will make every effort to provide the best training courses possible. In the event participants are not completely satisfied with the training course and wish to file a complaint, please contact Karen McManus at email@example.com or 804.673.5748 within 10 business days of the event. Information about the course such as date, location, instructor and nature of complaint must be provided. Complaints may also be made in writing to: Cherry Bekaert LLP, 200 South 10th Street, Suite 900, Richmond, VA 23219, ATTN: Karen McManus
Record Retention Policy
Cherry Bekaert will retain all Continuing Professional Education (CPE) documents for five years from training course date. These records will include:
- Course outline
- Course content and handouts
- Sign in sheets
- Dates and locations of training courses
- Instructor credentials
- Course evaluations
- CPE certificates stating amount of recommended CPE credit
Refund and Cancellation Policy
Cherry Bekaert reserves the right to cancel or reschedule any training courses up to 10 business days prior to the date of the event. Full refunds will be provided to registered course participants if the course is cancelled or if participants are unable to attend the rescheduled event.
Participants who must to cancel their course registration 10 or more business days in advance of the event must contact Karen McManus to receive a full refund of all fees paid. Participants who must cancel their registration within 10 business days of the event, will not receive a refund.