2021 Government Services Virtual Seminar
Cherry Bekaert invites you to attend this year’s Government Services Seminar. Join us on Friday, May 14 as we discuss a variety of hot topics regarding the latest government regulations.
Please register for each session individually. Cherry Bekaert is offering participating attendees up to four hours of CPE. We hope to (virtually) see you at all four sessions!
9:00 a.m. – 9:50 a.m.
This course is designed to provide an overview of the accounting and reporting requirements of recently issued GASB Standards, and the likely impact of GASB’s current projects that are anticipated to become new standards in future years.
- Identify and discuss recently issued GASB standards that will be effective in the next two years.
- Identify and discuss GASB projects that will likely become new standards in future years.
- Stephen Scheel, Senior Manager | Cherry Bekaert LLP
- Laura Harden, Director | Cherry Bekaert LLP
- Moderator: Krista Edoff, Partner | Cherry Bekaert LLP
10:00 a.m. – 10:50 a.m.
This course is designed to explore the effect of the pandemic on State and Local Governments and various relief efforts. This course will take a deep dive into the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 (“ARPA”) and the specific provisions that apply to State and Local governments. The relief package provides funding in several areas such as state and local aid, education, rental assistance, transit and other provisions.
- Explain and recall funding made available to State and Local Governments through the previous legislation.
- Outline the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 and specific provisions applicable to State and Local Governments.
- Interpret the guidance currently available on the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021.
- Daniel Gougherty, Director | Cherry Bekaert LLP
- Tracy Bedgood, Senior Manager | Cherry Bekaert LLP
- Moderator: April Adams, Partner | Cherry Bekaert LLP
Top 5 IT Hot Topics
11:00 a.m. – 11:50 a.m.
The course explores strategic technology trends for helping organizations thrive post-pandemic. The session will focus on generating awareness and understanding key areas of opportunity to drive digital transformation today. The overarching importance of data collection, organization and analysis are incorporated into the 5 areas of a transformative organization:
- Constituent Experience
- Privacy and Cybersecurity
- Operations from Anywhere
- Resiliency through Automation and Interchange
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Gain an understanding of trends in the use of data and technology for engaging constituents and meeting their expectations.
- Expand knowledge on key considerations in navigating the complexities of an operations from anywhere environment.
- See key technology segments for improving resiliency with automation and intelligence based modeling.
- Bryce Gartner, Partner | CB Digital
- Moderator: Denise Lippuner, Managing Director | Cherry Bekaert LLP
1:00 p.m. – 1:50 p.m.
The presentation of Cherry Bekaert’s tenth annual Government Benchmarking Survey results will provide an informative analysis of survey responses on a range of operational and regulatory matters. The respondents included counties, municipalities, schools, authorities and commissions in Maryland, District of Columbia, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida and Texas.
- Identify operational and regulatory matters that will impact their entity.
- Benchmark your entity against other governments on a range of operational and regulatory matters.
- Identify upcoming standards that will significantly impact your entity.
- Lauren Strope, Director | Cherry Bekaert LLP
- Brian Liffick, Senior Manager | Cherry Bekaert LLP
- Moderator: Rob Churchman, Partner | Cherry Bekaert LLP
Prerequisites | None
Advanced Preparation | None
Hours of CPE | Up to 4 Hours*
Delivery Method | Group Live
Program Level | Basic
CPE Category | Governmental Accounting, Specialized Knowledge & Information Technology
Cherry Bekaert Continuing Professional Education: Statement of Admin Policies
This event is complimentary. Due to this program being offered free of charge, there will be no refunds.
CPE for Virtual Events
- Please join sessions on time, or 5 minutes early if possible. Joining a session late may cause you to lose the ability to obtain CPE based on the following NASBA regulations:
- There will be 4 polling questions per hour of each session.
- In order to receive CPE credit for virtual events, you must attend at a minimum, 50 minutes of every hour and respond to at least 3 of the 4 polling questions per hour.
- Polling questions will not be announced in advance.
- If you view the conference in a group setting, you will still need to log into CPE sessions through your laptop to track your attendance and respond to polling questions.
- We cannot guarantee polling questions will appear on your mobile device and recommend that you use your laptop for your webinar session. We will not be able to award you CPE credit if you do no answer the required number of polling questions and/or are not in session for the required length of time. This includes issues due to mobile technological difficulties or any other difficulty that is unique to your webinar connection.
- Please be sure that you join the session for which you registered using the link that was provided to you. We will not be able to award you CPE if you join a session using a link that was provided to someone else.
- You will receive one certificate for each course you attend/pass.
For questions regarding registration or event cancellation, please contact Maddie Robbins. For all other questions regarding CPE policies, please contact Cherry Bekaert at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cherry Bekaert is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website. | www.learningmarket.org