2021 Government Services Virtual Seminar
Cherry Bekaert invites you to attend this year’s Government Services Seminar. Join us on Friday, May 14 as we discuss a variety of hot topics regarding the latest government regulations.
Please register for each session individually. Cherry Bekaert is offering participating attendees up to four hours of CPE. We hope to (virtually) see you at all four sessions!
9:00 a.m. – 9:50 a.m.
This course is designed to provide an overview of the accounting and reporting requirements of recently issued GASB Standards, and the likely impact of GASB’s current projects that are anticipated to become new standards in future years.
- Identify and discuss recently issued GASB standards that will be effective in the next two years.
- Identify and discuss GASB projects that will likely become new standards in future years.
- Stephen Scheel, Senior Manager | Cherry Bekaert LLP
- Laura Harden, Director | Cherry Bekaert LLP
- Moderator: Krista Edoff, Partner | Cherry Bekaert LLP
10:00 a.m. – 10:50 a.m.
This course is designed to explore the effect of the pandemic on State and Local Governments and various relief efforts. This course will take a deep dive into the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 (“ARPA”) and the specific provisions that apply to State and Local governments. The relief package provides funding in several areas such as state and local aid, education, rental assistance, transit and other provisions.
- Explain and recall funding made available to State and Local Governments through the previous legislation.
- Outline the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 and specific provisions applicable to State and Local Governments.
- Interpret the guidance currently available on the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021.
- Daniel Gougherty, Director | Cherry Bekaert LLP
- Tracy Bedgood, Senior Manager | Cherry Bekaert LLP
- Moderator: April Adams, Partner | Cherry Bekaert LLP
Top 5 IT Hot Topics
11:00 a.m. – 11:50 a.m.
The course explores strategic technology trends for helping organizations thrive post-pandemic. The session will focus on generating awareness and understanding key areas of opportunity to drive digital transformation today. The overarching importance of data collection, organization and analysis are incorporated into the 5 areas of a transformative organization:
- Constituent Experience
- Privacy and Cybersecurity
- Operations from Anywhere
- Resiliency through Automation and Interchange
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Gain an understanding of trends in the use of data and technology for engaging constituents and meeting their expectations.
- Expand knowledge on key considerations in navigating the complexities of an operations from anywhere environment.
- See key technology segments for improving resiliency with automation and intelligence based modeling.
- Bryce Gartner, Partner | CB Digital
- Moderator: Denise Lippuner, Managing Director | Cherry Bekaert LLP
1:00 p.m. – 1:50 p.m.
The presentation of Cherry Bekaert’s tenth annual Government Benchmarking Survey results will provide an informative analysis of survey responses on a range of operational and regulatory matters. The respondents included counties, municipalities, schools, authorities and commissions in Maryland, District of Columbia, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida and Texas.
- Identify operational and regulatory matters that will impact their entity.
- Benchmark your entity against other governments on a range of operational and regulatory matters.
- Identify upcoming standards that will significantly impact your entity.
- Lauren Strope, Director | Cherry Bekaert LLP
- Brian Liffick, Senior Manager | Cherry Bekaert LLP
- Moderator: Rob Churchman, Partner | Cherry Bekaert LLP
Prerequisites | None
Advanced Preparation | None
Hours of CPE | Up to 4 Hours*
Delivery Method | Group Live
Program Level | Basic
CPE Category | Governmental Accounting, Specialized Knowledge & Information Technology
*Cherry Bekaert is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website. | www.learningmarket.org
Cherry Bekaert Continuing Professional Education: Statement of Administrative Policies
Complaint Resolution Policy
Cherry Bekaert will make every effort to provide the best training courses possible. In the event participants are not completely satisfied with the training course and wish to file a complaint, please contact Cate Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org or 704.940.2661 within 10 business days of the event. Information about the course such as date, location, instructor and nature of complaint must be provided. Complaints may also be made in writing to Cherry Bekaert LLP, 6806 Paragon Place, Suite 310, Richmond, VA 23230, ATTN: Cate Miller
Record Retention Policy
Cherry Bekaert will retain all Continuing Professional Education (CPE) documents for five years from training course date. These records will include:
- Course outline
- Course content and handouts
- Sign in sheets
- Dates and locations of training courses
- Instructor credentials
- Course evaluations
- CPE certificates stating amount of recommended CPE credit
Refund and Cancellation Policy
Cherry Bekaert reserves the right to cancel or reschedule any training courses up to 10 business days prior to the date of the event. Full refunds will be provided to registered course participants if the course is canceled or if participants are unable to attend the rescheduled event.
Participants who must cancel their course registration 10 or more business days in advance of the event must contact Cate Miller to receive a full refund of all fees paid. Participants who must cancel their registration within 10 business days of the event, will not receive a refund.