2021 Virtual Not-for-Profit CPE Seminar
Despite these disruptive times, not-for-profits have risen to the challenge and stepped up to adapt programs and delivery methods to successfully address critical areas of need amidst dramatically increased demand. Organizations are being challenged to be more agile, reinvent themselves and do it all with constrained resources.
At Cherry Bekaert, we have been inspired and humbled by the efforts of not-for-profits to tirelessly fill gaps created by declining program revenue, donor support and funding. That’s why we are again offering our annual Not-for-Profit Seminar virtually, free of charge. This event is intended to provide not-for-profit leaders with the tools necessary to embrace a mindset of continuous innovation and rise from the COVID era with increased organizational agility.
Thursday, December 9, 2021
Best Practices in Endowment Accounting
9:30 a.m. – 10:20 a.m.
- Chris Davis, CEO & Co-Founder | ADAVICO
- Jason Edwards, Chief Financial & Operating Officer | ADAVICO
- Lori Fuller, Controller | St. Catherine’s School
- Elizabeth Townsend, Foundation Accountant | St. Catherine’s School
Endowment accounting and donor reporting have become increasingly burdensome on the business officers and development staff of nonprofit organizations. Also, as endowment funds continue to grow and expand, there is a larger chance of error or non-compliance with laws and regulations when using manual processes and spreadsheets. This session will cover best practices in endowment administration, including accounting and donor reporting. We will review the case study of an organization that moved from spreadsheets to a software-based solution which ultimately allowed staff to save time and resources while enhancing internal controls and reporting capabilities.
- Understand the risk factors resulting from using manual processes
- Recognize best practices in endowment accounting and donor reporting
- Identify areas which can be improved with software solutions
Is Outsourced Accounting Right for Your Not-for-Profit Organization?
11:00 a.m. – 11:50 a.m.
- Dixie McCurley, Director, Digital Advisory Services | Cherry Bekaert LLP
The benefits of outsourcing your accounting function can be transformative for your organization as both time and resources can then be devoted to mission-critical activities. The COVID-19 pandemic has emphasized the need for organizations to be more agile and reinvent themselves, all with constrained resources. Join us as we discuss the top three reasons why organizations are looking to outsourcing as a solution.
- Identify the pros and cons of outsourcing your accounting function
- Understand how cloud technology platforms will continue to scale to support your organization’s growth
- Recognize the value of outsourcing versus the upskilling needs of your accounting team
What Does Digital Transformation Mean for Me and My Not-for-Profit?
1:00 p.m. – 1:50 p.m.
- Bob Misch, Director, Digital Advisory Services | Cherry Bekaert LLP
- Nita Sanger, Director, Digital Advisory Services | Cherry Bekaert LLP
In a rapidly evolving digital marketplace, organizations must seek to better meet changing needs, focus on mission-critical activities, and optimize performance, while ensuring that they successfully address privacy, security, and risk. Digital Transformation is everywhere, but its definition is elusive. This course discusses what Digital Transformation can mean for you and your organization.
- Understand the definition(s) of Digital Transformation
- Understand how Digital Transformation applies to your organization
- Understand the next steps toward Digital Transformation
Legislative Updates Impacting Employers
2:30 p.m. – 3:20 p.m.
- Becky Drozdz, HR Advisor, Compensation Lead | Catapult
Join us to hear the latest employment related legislation updates, including right to organize, national paid sick leave, vaccination mandates, accommodations, return to office, and more! We will provide clarity to challenges employers face and what to consider moving forward.
- Understand recent employment related legislative changes and how they impact your organization
- Recognize areas of risk for your organization
- Identify solutions to ensure your organization’s compliance
Prerequisites | None
Advanced Preparation | None
Hours of CPE | 4 Hours
Deliver Method | Live Webinar
Program Level | Beginner
CPE Category | Accounting, Management Services
Cherry Bekaert Continuing Professional Education: Statement of Admin Policies
This event is complimentary. Due to this program being offered free of charge, there will be no refunds.
CPE for Virtual Events
- Please join sessions on time, or 5 minutes early if possible. Joining a session late may cause you to lose the ability to obtain CPE based on the following NASBA regulations:
- There will be 4 polling questions per hour of each session.
- In order to receive CPE credit for virtual events, you must attend at a minimum, 50 minutes of every hour and respond to at least 3 of the 4 polling questions per hour.
- Polling questions will not be announced in advance.
- If you view the conference in a group setting, you will still need to log into CPE sessions through your laptop to track your attendance and respond to the polls.
- We cannot guarantee polling questions will appear on your mobile device. Please keep in mind we recommend using your laptop for your training session and will not be able to give you CPE credits for mobile technological issues.
- You will receive one certificate for each course you attend/pass.
- For questions regarding registration or event cancellation, please contact Maddie Robbins.
- For all other questions regarding CPE policies – please contact Cherry Bekaert at email@example.com.
Cherry Bekaert is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website. | www.learningmarket.org