A Manufacturer’s Road Map to Managing Sales & Use Tax
During the past 18 months, sales and use tax has undergone monumental changes. Are manufacturers shielded from the barrage of new sales tax obligations enforced by states? Cherry Bekaert’s sales tax experts will map out how manufacturers can protect themselves from costly overpayments, while ensuring they are compliant with the new sales tax landscape. Learn where to look for most sales and use tax overpayments and how to set up processes to maximize state exemptions for manufacturers.
- Understand the changing sales tax landscape
- Four purchase areas with the most tax savings opportunities
- Tips to reduce audit assessments
- Best practices for sales & use tax
- Lauren Stinson, CMI, Principal & National Leader, Sales & Use Tax | Cherry Bekaert LLP
- Chris Grimes, CPA, Manager, Sales & Use Tax | Cherry Bekaert LLP
- Terrisha Pulte, CMI, Manager, Sales & Use Tax | Cherry Bekaert LLP
Prerequisites | None
Advanced Preparation | None
Recommended Hours of CPE | 1 Hour*
Delivery Method | Webinar
Program Level | Basic
CPE Category | Taxes
Cherry Bekaert Continuing Professional Education: Statement of Admin Policies
This event is complimentary. Due to this program being offered free of charge, there will be no refunds.
CPE for Virtual Events
- Please join sessions on time, or 5 minutes early if possible. Joining a session late may cause you to lose the ability to obtain CPE based on the following NASBA regulations:
- There will be 4 polling questions per hour of each session.
- In order to receive CPE credit for virtual events, you must attend at a minimum, 50 minutes of every hour and respond to at least 3 of the 4 polling questions per hour.
- Polling questions will not be announced in advance.
- If you view the conference in a group setting, you will still need to log into CPE sessions through your laptop to track your attendance and respond to the polls.
- We cannot guarantee polling questions will appear on your mobile device. Please keep in mind we recommend using your laptop for your training session and will not be able to give you CPE credits for mobile technological issues.
- You will receive one certificate for each course you attend/pass.
- For questions regarding registration or event cancellation, please contact Maddie Robbins.
- For all other questions regarding CPE policies – please contact Cherry Bekaert at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cherry Bekaert is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website. | www.learningmarket.org