Accelerate Cash with Qualified Improvement Property Deductions
The CARES Act brought relief to taxpayers with the change in depreciable tax life of Qualified Improvement Property. This correction to provisions in the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act creates opportunities for immediate deductions for bonus depreciation for certain improvements to real property.
Our presenters from the Firm’s Federal Credits and Accounting Methods team will cover the changes in the law, the Revenue Procedures guidance for taxpayers implementing the change, and walk through examples of how taxpayers can generate cash now from accelerating tax deductions.
- Review the technical correction introduced by the CARES Act
- Apply the new law to multiple example situations
- Consider options in Revenue Procedures 2020-22 and 2020-25 to apply the new law
- Coordinate the impact of the technical correction with Cost Segregation Studies and other Fixed Asset Review Services
- Ronald G. Wainwright, Jr., CPA, Tax Partner & National Leader, Credits & Accounting Methods | Cherry Bekaert LLP
- Dawn Polin, CPA, Senior Manager, Credits & Accounting Methods | Cherry Bekaert LLP
- Sean O’Leary, CPA, Manager, Credits & Accounting Methods | Cherry Bekaert LLP
Prerequisites | None
Advanced Preparation | None
Recommended Hours of CPE | 1 Hour*
Delivery Method | Webinar
Program Level | Basic
CPE Category | Taxes
*Cherry Bekaert is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website. | www.learningmarket.org
Cherry Bekaert Continuing Professional Education: Statement of Administrative Policies
Complaint Resolution Policy
Cherry Bekaert will make every effort to provide the best training courses possible. In the event participants are not completely satisfied with the training course and wish to file a complaint, please contact Cate Miller at email@example.com or 704.940.2661 within 10 business days of the event. Information about the course such as date, location, instructor and nature of complaint must be provided. Complaints may also be made in writing to Cherry Bekaert LLP, 6806 Paragon Place, Suite 310, Richmond, VA 23230, ATTN: Cate Miller
Record Retention Policy
Cherry Bekaert will retain all Continuing Professional Education (CPE) documents for five years from training course date. These records will include:
- Course outline
- Course content and handouts
- Sign in sheets
- Dates and locations of training courses
- Instructor credentials
- Course evaluations
- CPE certificates stating amount of recommended CPE credit
Refund and Cancellation Policy
Cherry Bekaert reserves the right to cancel or reschedule any training courses up to 10 business days prior to the date of the event. Full refunds will be provided to registered course participants if the course is canceled or if participants are unable to attend the rescheduled event.
Participants who must cancel their course registration 10 or more business days in advance of the event must contact Cate Miller to receive a full refund of all fees paid. Participants who must cancel their registration within 10 business days of the event, will not receive a refund.