Credit Losses (CECL) Accounting Standard: What You Need to Know for a Successful Implementation
Save Your Seat for the Webinar – Understanding the CECL Standard & How to Implement. Register Now!
Credit Losses Accounting Standard: What You Need to Know for a Successful Implementation
Date: Tuesday, June 20, 2023 at 1-2PM EST
This webinar provides an overview of the ASC 326 Financial Instruments – Credit Losses (CECL) accounting standard. Our speakers discuss the key changes from the legacy incurred loss model, what instruments are in scope under the new standard, and areas companies should focus on during implementation. While the new guidance impacts the financial services industry, many other industries have financial instruments or other assets that are subject to the CECL model.
- Obtain an overview of ASC 326
- Learn about what instruments are in scope and the key tenets of CECL
- Understand the basic considerations for the transition to CECL
- Learn how Available-for-Sale (AFS) securities are impacted
Learn more about Cherry Bekaert’s Current Expected Credit Loss (CECL) Implementation Services
Learn how to successfully perform the CECL adoption
Delivery Method | Group Internet Based
Recommended CPE credit | Up to 1 CPE, pending approval
Recommended Field(s) of Study | Accounting
CPE Capability | Technical Expertise/Problem Solving
Prerequisites | None
Program Level | Basic
Advanced Preparation | None
Andrew Taylor, CPA | Director, Accounting Advisory, Cherry Bekaert
Michael Hoose, CPA | Director, Assurance Services, Cherry Bekaert
Cherry Bekaert Continuing Professional Education: Statement of Admin Policies
This event is complimentary. Due to this program being offered free of charge, there will be no refunds.
CPE for Virtual Events
- Please join sessions on time, or 5 minutes early if possible. Joining a session late may cause you to lose the ability to obtain CPE based on the following NASBA regulations:
- There will be 4 polling questions per hour of each session.
- In order to receive CPE credit for virtual events, you must attend at a minimum, 50 minutes of every hour and respond to at least 3 of the 4 polling questions per hour.
- Polling questions will not be announced in advance.
- If you view the conference in a group setting, you will still need to log into CPE sessions through your laptop to track your attendance and respond to polling questions.
- We cannot guarantee polling questions will appear on your mobile device and recommend that you use your laptop for your webinar session. We will not be able to award you CPE credit if you do no answer the required number of polling questions and/or are not in session for the required length of time. This includes issues due to mobile technological difficulties or any other difficulty that is unique to your webinar connection.
- Please be sure that you join the session for which you registered using the link that was provided to you. We will not be able to award you CPE if you join a session using a link that was provided to someone else.
- You will receive one certificate for each course you attend/pass.
For questions regarding registration or event cancellation, please contact Maddie Robbins. For all other questions regarding CPE policies, please contact Cherry Bekaert at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cherry Bekaert is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website. | www.learningmarket.org