Fiduciary: Fact, Fiction & Fundamentals
One of the greatest benefits employers can provide its employees is the ability to retire successfully; but that doesn’t come without its challenges. You see, in delivering the benefit of a retirement plan, employers are a fiduciary of the plan both in regard to the assets of the plan, as well as the operation of the plan. However, many do not fully understand their fiduciary responsibilities, increasing their risk for potential litigation. That’s the ‘fiduciary challenge.’ Join us for a presentation on what you as a plan sponsor and plan fiduciary need to do to fulfill those duties to the standard of care required by law.
- Identify your role as an investment fiduciary
- Select and work with qualified plan service providers
- Reduce and manage risk and personal liability
- Implement a decision-making process focused on helping plan participants achieve their retirement goals
- Monika Hubbard, CEBS, PRP, AIF, Institutional Retirement Consultant | Unified Trust
- Karen Horky, CPA, Partner, Assurance Services | Cherry Bekaert LLP
- Rick Cundey, CFP®, CLU®, AIF®, ChFC®, RICP®, Wealth Management Advisor | Cherry Bekaert Wealth Management LLC
Prerequisites | None
Advanced Preparation | None
Recommended Hours of CPE | 1 Hour*
Delivery Method | Webinar
Program Level | Basic
CPE Category | Personnel/HR
Cherry Bekaert Continuing Professional Education: Statement of Admin Policies
This event is complimentary. Due to this program being offered free of charge, there will be no refunds.
CPE for Virtual Events
- Please join sessions on time, or 5 minutes early if possible. Joining a session late may cause you to lose the ability to obtain CPE based on the following NASBA regulations:
- There will be 4 polling questions per hour of each session.
- In order to receive CPE credit for virtual events, you must attend at a minimum, 50 minutes of every hour and respond to at least 3 of the 4 polling questions per hour.
- Polling questions will not be announced in advance.
- If you view the conference in a group setting, you will still need to log into CPE sessions through your laptop to track your attendance and respond to the polls.
- We cannot guarantee polling questions will appear on your mobile device. Please keep in mind we recommend using your laptop for your training session and will not be able to give you CPE credits for mobile technological issues.
- You will receive one certificate for each course you attend/pass.
- For questions regarding registration or event cancellation, please contact Maddie Robbins.
- For all other questions regarding CPE policies – please contact Cherry Bekaert at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cherry Bekaert is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website. | www.learningmarket.org