How to Scope Your R&D Tax Credits and the Benefits of Using a Full-Service CPA Firm
Join Cherry Bekaert’s Research & Development (“R&D”) team to learn how your organization can take advantage of R&D credits and tax savings. Our professionals will walk you through what documents and data to gather and how to scope various types of R&D credits. Accurate and thorough documentation will become increasingly important as the federal government is drastically expanding the number of Internal Revenue Service agents following the passing of the Inflation Reduction Act.
In the second half of the webinar, we will have a client panel discuss the benefits they experience when engaging a full-service CPA firm after previously working with boutique firms and hear directly from other business leaders on how the process works.
The webinar will:
- Provide a general overview on the R&D tax credit
- Address the information gathering for an R&D credit benefit scoping process
- Discuss what is necessary for estimating R&D benefits in various industries
- Hear from a client panel sharing their positive experiences of working with a full-service CPA firm
- Understand how scoping affects your R&D credit and credit eligibility
- Learn how to identify qualifying projects
- Summarize how the necessary documentation to qualify for an R&D credit
- Discussion of the current approach of the IRS to examine research credit claims- and what we expect in the future considering the newly budgeted IRS hiring
Martin Karamon, J.D, LL.M. | Partner, Strategic Tax Advisory Services, Tax Credits & Incentives Advisory Leader
Ron Wainwright, Jr. CPA, MST | Partner, Tax Credits & Incentives Advisory
Dan Mennel, CPA | Partner, Tax Credits & Incentives Advisory
Vivian Kohrs, CPA | Director, Tax Credits & Incentive Advisory Services
Carolyn Smith-Driscoll, JD, LLM | Director, Advisory Services, Tax Services
Delivery Method | Group Internet Based
Recommended CPE Credit | Up to 1 CPE, pending approval
Recommended Field(s) of Study | Taxes
Prerequisites | None
Program Level | Basic
Advanced Preparation | None
Cherry Bekaert Continuing Professional Education: Statement of Admin Policies
This event is complimentary. Due to this program being offered free of charge, there will be no refunds.
CPE for Virtual Events
- Please join sessions on time, or 5 minutes early if possible. Joining a session late may cause you to lose the ability to obtain CPE based on the following NASBA regulations:
- There will be 4 polling questions per hour of each session.
- In order to receive CPE credit for virtual events, you must attend at a minimum, 50 minutes of every hour and respond to at least 3 of the 4 polling questions per hour.
- Polling questions will not be announced in advance.
- If you view the conference in a group setting, you will still need to log into CPE sessions through your laptop to track your attendance and respond to polling questions.
- We cannot guarantee polling questions will appear on your mobile device and recommend that you use your laptop for your webinar session. We will not be able to award you CPE credit if you do no answer the required number of polling questions and/or are not in session for the required length of time. This includes issues due to mobile technological difficulties or any other difficulty that is unique to your webinar connection.
- Please be sure that you join the session for which you registered using the link that was provided to you. We will not be able to award you CPE if you join a session using a link that was provided to someone else.
- You will receive one certificate for each course you attend/pass.
Cherry Bekaert is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website. | www.learningmarket.org