Virtual Real Estate & Construction CPE Conference Day 2: Opportunity Zone Deal Panel: Lessons Learned & Best Practices
Join us as we discuss a variety of hot topics, recent developments and proposed updates tailored to the real estate and construction industry. Cherry Bekaert’s 2021 Virtual Conference will dive into analyzing economic data, finding investors for Opportunity Zone projects, legislative tax updates and real estate tax credit incentives.
Opportunity Zone Deal Panel: Lessons Learned & Best Practices
- Moderator: Richard Schneider, Partner, Tax Services | Cherry Bekaert LLP
- Panelist: James Brunger, Executive Vice President, National Sales | Capital Square
- Panelist: Brian Burke, Executive Vice President, Development & Finance | The Menkiti Group
- Panelist: Branson Lee, Partner | Alston & Bird LLP
- Panelist: Catherine Bazley, Partner, Tax Services | Cherry Bekaert LLP
Gain insight from a variety of Real Estate professionals on Opportunity Zones. Panelists will discuss hurdles they’ve encountered when structuring deals, and how to overcome them. Join us to learn about best practices for sourcing and developing projects using OZ capital as a key source of funds.
- Understand Opportunity Zone processes from beginning to end
- How projects are identified and structured
- How to find investors for your projects
Prerequisites, Advanced Preparation | None
Hours of CPE | 1 Hour*
Program Level | Basic
Capability | Technical Expertise/Problem Solving
CPE Field of Study | Specialized Knowledge
- Virtual Real Estate & Construction CPE Conference Day 1: Economist Anirban Basu & the Chamber of Data
- Virtual Real Estate & Construction CPE Conference Day 3: Year-End Tax Planning for Real Estate & Construction: Tips You Can’t Afford to Miss
- Virtual Real Estate & Construction CPE Conference Day 4: Tax Advantaged Capital Sources for Real Estate Development
Cherry Bekaert Continuing Professional Education: Statement of Admin Policies
This event is complimentary. Due to this program being offered free of charge, there will be no refunds.
CPE for Virtual Events
- Please join sessions on time, or 5 minutes early if possible. Joining a session late may cause you to lose the ability to obtain CPE based on the following NASBA regulations:
- There will be 4 polling questions per hour of each session.
- In order to receive CPE credit for virtual events, you must attend at a minimum, 50 minutes of every hour and respond to at least 3 of the 4 polling questions per hour.
- Polling questions will not be announced in advance.
- If you view the conference in a group setting, you will still need to log into CPE sessions through your laptop to track your attendance and respond to the polls.
- We cannot guarantee polling questions will appear on your mobile device. Please keep in mind we recommend using your laptop for your training session and will not be able to give you CPE credits for mobile technological issues.
- You will receive one certificate for each course you attend/pass.
- For questions regarding registration or event cancellation, please contact Maddie Robbins.
- For all other questions regarding CPE policies – please contact Cherry Bekaert at email@example.com.
Cherry Bekaert is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website. | www.learningmarket.org