Year-end Real Estate & Construction Conference Day 3
Join us as we discuss a variety of hot topics tailored to the real estate and construction industry. We’ll take one hour each day over the course of four days to offer participating attendees up to four hours of CPE.
Distressed Real Estate Post COVID-19
- Jody Bedenbaugh, Partner | Nelson Mullins
- Sean Faulkner, Partner | Nelson Mullins
- Richard Schneider, Partner | Cherry Bekaert LLP
As we have all seen, the pandemic has dealt an enormous blow to the labor markets, consumer spending, and business investments. The real estate industry, in particular, has been impacted tremendously – hospitality, retail, office, housing, and restaurants have all been part of the economic segments hit the hardest during the pandemic. Join us as we discuss the nuances of real estate bankruptcies and analyze the latest trends and developments. We will also review commercial lease restructurings and the tax implications from debt restructuring, foreclosures and cancellation of debt.
- Recognize the unique aspects of real estate bankruptcies
- Identify methods for commercial lease restructurings
- Understand the tax implications related to debt restructurings
Prerequisites | None
Advanced Preparation | None
Recommended Hours of CPE | 4 Hours*
Deliver Method | Live Webinar
Program Level | Beginner
CPE Category | Business Management & Organization, Finance, Taxes
Cherry Bekaert Continuing Professional Education: Statement of Admin Policies
This event is complimentary. Due to this program being offered free of charge, there will be no refunds.
CPE for Virtual Events
- Please join sessions on time, or 5 minutes early if possible. Joining a session late may cause you to lose the ability to obtain CPE based on the following NASBA regulations:
- There will be 4 polling questions per hour of each session.
- In order to receive CPE credit for virtual events, you must attend at a minimum, 50 minutes of every hour and respond to at least 3 of the 4 polling questions per hour.
- Polling questions will not be announced in advance.
- If you view the conference in a group setting, you will still need to log into CPE sessions through your laptop to track your attendance and respond to polling questions.
- We cannot guarantee polling questions will appear on your mobile device and recommend that you use your laptop for your webinar session. We will not be able to award you CPE credit if you do no answer the required number of polling questions and/or are not in session for the required length of time. This includes issues due to mobile technological difficulties or any other difficulty that is unique to your webinar connection.
- Please be sure that you join the session for which you registered using the link that was provided to you. We will not be able to award you CPE if you join a session using a link that was provided to someone else.
- You will receive one certificate for each course you attend/pass.
Cherry Bekaert is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website. | www.learningmarket.org