Solar, Energy, and Other Tax Credits for Buildings Old and New
If you own, use, construct, and invest in buildings, take advantage of federal tax credits and incentives to offset costs of energy efficient improvements
Join us for our next live webinar, in which the Cherry Bekaert Credits and Accounting Methods team will review tax credits for adding solar energy equipment, credits and incentives for implement energy efficient design, credits for rehabilitating historic structures and more. The basic requirements and benefits of the most common tax incentives will be covered to help taxpayers maximize both energy savings and tax savings. These incentives can apply to many industries but we find they are particularly effective for buildings used for retail and hospitality businesses.
In this webinar, our speakers will:
- Identify which of the many available credits are a best fit for different taxpayers.
- Demonstrate how the credits are calculated for a building project.
- Discuss the coordination of tax credits with a cost segregation study and a qualified opportunity zone project.
- Ron Wainwright, CPA, Tax Partner & National Leader of Credits & Accounting Methods | Cherry Bekaert LLP
- Sean O’Leary, CPA, Manager, Credits & Accounting Methods | Cherry Bekaert LLP
Prerequisites | None
Advanced Preparation | None
Recommended Hours of CPE | 1 Hour*
Delivery Method | Webinar
Program Level | Basic
CPE Category | Tax
Cherry Bekaert Continuing Professional Education: Statement of Admin Policies
This event is complimentary. Due to this program being offered free of charge, there will be no refunds.
CPE for Virtual Events
- Please join sessions on time, or 5 minutes early if possible. Joining a session late may cause you to lose the ability to obtain CPE based on the following NASBA regulations:
- There will be 4 polling questions per hour of each session.
- In order to receive CPE credit for virtual events, you must attend at a minimum, 50 minutes of every hour and respond to at least 3 of the 4 polling questions per hour.
- Polling questions will not be announced in advance.
- If you view the conference in a group setting, you will still need to log into CPE sessions through your laptop to track your attendance and respond to polling questions.
- We cannot guarantee polling questions will appear on your mobile device and recommend that you use your laptop for your webinar session. We will not be able to award you CPE credit if you do no answer the required number of polling questions and/or are not in session for the required length of time. This includes issues due to mobile technological difficulties or any other difficulty that is unique to your webinar connection.
- Please be sure that you join the session for which you registered using the link that was provided to you. We will not be able to award you CPE if you join a session using a link that was provided to someone else.
- You will receive one certificate for each course you attend/pass.
Cherry Bekaert is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website. | www.learningmarket.org