TCJA: An Update for Private Equity Funds & Their Portfolio Companies
This presentation will highlight any recent guidance issued by the IRS for the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017. We will use examples to address the questions that we hear often and that are important to you. We will delve a bit deeper in certain areas of the new law to help your fund and portfolio company management plan for the second half of 2018.
- Provide highlights of interest expense limitations and IRS Section 1202 gain exclusion while outlining the applicability and benefits of Section 199A deduction.
- Apply any new guidance from the IRS to provisions in the tax law and outline how these provisions provide opportunities to maximize tax benefits in transaction structures.
- Chris Truitt, CPA, National Tax Leader, Private Equity Services | Cherry Bekaert LLP
- Barry Weins, CPA, JD, Director, Tax Services | Cherry Bekaert LLP
- David Siegel, CPA, Director, Transaction Tax Services | Cherry Bekaert LLP