2018 Local Government Benchmarking Survey Results
Cherry Bekaert is pleased to present the results of our 7th Annual State and Local Government Benchmarking Survey. Based on the feedback from over 150 survey participants, we are able to share these valuable results allowing government entities to compare their own performance, accomplishments and struggles with similar entities across the Southeast. We hope this report will help you better understand how your peers in the region are responding or planning to respond to a wide range of current issues.
Highlights from this year’s results include:
- Retirement was the most common factor attributed to turnover
- 83% of respondents indicated salaries increased in the past year
- 59% of respondents say their entity does not need to be more transparent
- The replacement of aging infrastructure is the most important concern for those budgeting funding
- 80% of respondents indicated they are not aware of any fraud being perpetrated against their entity within the last year
- 40% of respondents reported being reasonably confident of their respective entities’ incident response program in detecting, responding to, and recovering from a security breach in a timely manner.
- 46% of all total respondents gave their infrastructure a C rating on a standard A to F grading scale.
Thanks to the over 150 government operational and financial leaders throughout the Southeast who participated in this year’s survey!
A copy of the 2018 Local Government Benchmarking Survey Results is available for download. If you have any questions or would like future information regarding our survey or the results, please contact Matthew Gerstenberg.