2019 Local Government Benchmarking Survey Results
Cherry Bekaert is pleased to present the results of our eighth-annual industry leading Local Government Benchmarking Survey.
Based on responses from over 400 local government participants, we are able to share valuable feedback that allows government entities to compare their own performance, accomplishments and challenges with similar entities across the Southeast. The report provides insight into how government entities throughout the region are responding or planning to respond to a wide range of issues from workforce and benefits, to use of technology to, debt structure and more.
Highlights from this year’s results include:
- Retirement was the most common factor attributed to turnover.
- The vast majority of respondents indicated salaries increased in the past year.
- Almost half of all respondents say their entity plans to implement artificial intelligence (AI) or robotic process automation (RPA) in the next six months.
- The replacement of aging infrastructure is the most important concern for those budgeting funding, and almost 50% of all respondents gave their infrastructure a C rating or worse on a standard A to F grading scale.
- The larger the government, more is being spent on information technology
- Only one-third of respondents reported being reasonably confident of their respective entities’ incident response program in detecting, responding to, and recovering from a security breach in a timely manner.
Thanks to the over 400 government, operational and financial governmental leaders throughout the Southeast who participated to make this year’s survey a success!
A copy of the 2019 Local Government Benchmarking Survey Results is available for download. If you have any questions or would like future information regarding our survey or the results, please contact John Gilberto at firstname.lastname@example.org or Claudine Tomlinson at email@example.com.