International Tax Services
Navigating global operations and international expansion can be complex and requires multinational companies to have a strong cross-border tax strategy focused on tax minimization, proactive planning and regulatory compliance.
Doing business globally creates opportunities, but it also carries numerous challenges. When you decide to conduct business internationally, many decisions impact the amount of taxes your business pays, such as:
- Where you carry on activities?
- Do you need to form a legal entity?
- How do you finance operations and/or who conducts which activities?
- Where to locate Intellectual Property?
- How to structure a transaction to minimize foreign taxes?
- What is the intercompany pricing for related party transaction?
- What are the reporting requirements in the foreign country and the United States?
When your business crosses international borders you need to understand and comply with tax laws and regulations wherever you have activities. As tax authorities around the world are focused on increasing the amount of tax they collect in an effort to reduce government deficits, the challenge of keeping up-to-date and compliant is getting harder. As a result, many businesses find they need support and advice on a wide range of tax matters.
Our international tax professionals provide a full range of tax services and expertise. We have over 70 years of international tax experience and understand the complex and changing tax environment. Our approach is to understand your business and your needs and then, provide practical solutions that allow you to manage the taxes you pay globally while achieving your business objectives. We use tax modeling to predict the effects of tax changes, so you can understand the impact before you act. Further, we ensure that your tax planning withstands scrutiny by tax authorities.
International Tax Service Solution
Our tax planning services help you identify opportunities to maximize your investment. Our services include:
- Cross-Border Tax Consulting Services
- Cross-Border Migrations, Acquisitions and Divestitures
- International Joint Ventures
- Tax Efficient Cash Repatriation
- Transactional Tax Consulting
- International Tax Compliance Services
- Quantitative and Modeling Services
- Foreign Currency Taxation
- Legislative Impact Assessments
- 962 Benefit Analysis
- Transfer Pricing Services
- Cross-Border Financing Structures
- Crowdfunding & Cryptocurrencies
- Post-Acquisition Structuring and Modeling
- International Tax Dispute Resolution
- Audit Support
- Advance Pricing Agreements
- Competent Authority Matters
- Voluntary Disclosures
- International Tax Regulatory Requirements (FIRPTA, GILTI, BEAT, IC-DISC, FDII, BEPS, FTC, Mandatory Disclosure Income, and Sourcing and Characterization)
- Tax Treatment Under S. Income Tax Treaties
- Legislative Development
- Quantitative and Modeling Services
How Can Cherry Bekaert Help You Achieve Your Cross-Border Business Objectives
Our practice is highly collaborative with other areas of the Firm to provide you complete solutions, such as due diligence support, state and local income tax matters, and accounting support including digital solutions. We are part of a global network that allows us to assist you in obtaining advice in foreign countries to ensure that it is in sync with your business and tax objectives.
For more information on how we can help you achieve your cross-border business objectives while maximizing your tax savings and minimizing your tax risk, reach out to your Cherry Bekaert tax professional or our International Tax Services practice today.