Tax Credits: Cash Savings for Technology Companies as They Scale
Leaders of technology companies – particularly those in the startup phase or strapped for cash – have a lot to mentally juggle in their day-to-day operations. However, one area of the business they should pay attention to are the state and federal credits available to them. Tax credits for technology companies may save money and time, creating opportunity to manage and optimize their business more effectively.
In the latest episode of our Technology podcast, Chris Delcambre, Tax Partner, welcomes members from Cherry Bekaert’s Tax Credits & Incentives Advisory practice, Martin Karamon, Melinda Young and Vivian Kohrs, to discuss how companies can turn challenges into opportunities through intentional and timely planning.
Listeners will learn about:
- Government assistance for technology companies experiencing staffing issues
- Why it’s important to look into R&D credits sooner rather than later
- How to monetize credits even if your company is in losses
- How to plan around and offset Section 174 costs
Other Relevant Guidance
- Section 174 New Requirements and Its Impact on Technology Companies
- How to Benefit from Business State and Local Tax Credits & Incentives Programs
- Section 174 Research & Software Development Costs – A Guide to Compliance