2021 Government Services Virtual Seminar
This course is designed to provide an overview of the accounting and reporting requirements of recently issued GASB Standards, and the likely impact of GASB’s current projects that are anticipated to become new standards in future years.
- Identify and discuss recently issued GASB standards that will be effective in the next two years.
- Identify and discuss GASB projects that will likely become new standards in future years.
This course is designed to explore the effect of the pandemic on State and Local Governments and various relief efforts. This course will take a deep dive into the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 (“ARPA”) and the specific provisions that apply to State and Local governments. The relief package provides funding in several areas such as state and local aid, education, rental assistance, transit and other provisions.
- Explain and recall funding made available to State and Local Governments through the previous legislation.
- Outline the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 and specific provisions applicable to State and Local Governments.
- Interpret the guidance currently available on the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021.
The course explores strategic technology trends for helping organizations thrive post-pandemic. The session will focus on generating awareness and understanding key areas of opportunity to drive digital transformation today. The overarching importance of data collection, organization and analysis are incorporated into the 5 areas of a transformative organization:
- Constituent Experience
- Privacy and Cybersecurity
- Operations from Anywhere
- Resiliency through Automation and Interchange
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Gain an understanding of trends in the use of data and technology for engaging constituents and meeting their expectations.
- Expand knowledge on key considerations in navigating the complexities of an operations from anywhere environment.
- See key technology segments for improving resiliency with automation and intelligence based modeling.
The presentation of Cherry Bekaert’s tenth annual Government Benchmarking Survey results will provide an informative analysis of survey responses on a range of operational and regulatory matters. The respondents included counties, municipalities, schools, authorities and commissions in Maryland, District of Columbia, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida and Texas.
- Identify operational and regulatory matters that will impact their entity.
- Benchmark your entity against other governments on a range of operational and regulatory matters.
- Identify upcoming standards that will significantly impact your entity.