Your privacy is important to us, and maintaining your trust and confidence is one of our highest priorities. We respect your right to keep your personal information confidential and understand your desire to avoid unwanted solicitations.
We have prepared this policy to explain what types of information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances we may share it. This policy covers all the members of the Cherry Bekaert LLP corporate family, including CB&H Wealth Management Services, L.L.C. and CB&H Corporate Finance, L.L.C.
Under no circumstance do we provide personal information to non-Cherry Bekaert LLP companies for the purpose of independent telemarketing or direct mail marketing of any product or service of these companies. In fact, we do not disclose any information except in the limited situations described below.
We hope that by taking a few moments to read our policy, you will have a better understanding of what we do with the information you provide us and how we keep it private and secure.
A. Types of Information We Collect
We collect personal information about you, but only when that information is provided by you or is obtained by us with your authorization. We use that information to prepare your personal income tax returns and may also use it to provide various tax and financial planning services to you at your request.
Examples of sources from which we collect information include:
- interviews and phone calls with you,
- letters or e-mails from you,
- tax return or financial planning organizers,
- financial history questionnaires, and
- books and records.
B. Uses of Information Collected
We may use Contact Data to send you information about Cherry Bekaert LLP or our products or services, or promotional material, or to contact you when necessary. We may use your Financial Data to verify your qualifications for certain products or services and to bill you for products and services. We may use your Demographic Data to customize and tailor your experience on the Site, displaying content that may interest you according to your preferences.
C. Parties to Whom We Disclose Information
We do not disclose personal information about our clients or former clients to anyone. However, to the extent permitted by law and any applicable state Code of Professional Conduct, certain nonpublic information about you may be disclosed in the following specific situations:
1. To comply with a validly issued and enforceable subpoena or summons.
2. In the course of a review of our Firm’s practices under the authorization of a state or national licensing board, review of our professional practice under AICPA or PCAOB authorization, or as necessary to properly respond to an inquiry or complaint from such a licensing board or organization.
3. As a part of any actual or threatened legal proceedings or alternative dispute resolution proceedings either initiated by or against us, provided we disclose only the information necessary to file, pursue, or defend against the lawsuit and take reasonable precautions to ensure that the information disclosed does not become a matter of public record.
4. To provide information to affiliates of the firm and nonaffiliated third parties who perform services or functions for us in conjunction with our services to you, but only if we have a contractual agreement with the other party, which prohibits them from disclosing or using the information for other than the purposes, for which it was disclosed. (Examples of such disclosures include using a retention agency to store prior year records.)
5. In conjunction with the normal due diligence process of any merger, provided that we take appropriate precautions (for example, through a written confidentiality agreement) so the prospective merger partner does not disclose information obtained in the course of the process.
D. Who Has Access to This Information?
Cherry Bekaert LLP employees are permitted to access the information they need to perform their jobs. We maintain strict internal policies against unauthorized disclosure or use of client information. As a diversified financial and consulting company, Cherry Bekaert LLP. has a number of related companies offering a wide variety of services such as cost segregation consulting, securities brokerage, insurance services, human resource consulting, registered investment advisory services, and many others. Information held by any Cherry Bekaert LLP-related company is available to other members of the Cherry Bekaert corporate family for authorized purposes.
E. Confidentiality and Security of Nonpublic Personal Information
Except as otherwise described in this notice, we restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to employees of our firm and other parties who must use that information to provide services to you. Their right to further disclose and use the information is limited by the policies of our firm, applicable law, our Code of Professional Conduct, and nondisclosure agreements where appropriate. We also maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in compliance with applicable laws and regulations to guard your personal information from unauthorized access, alteration, or premature destruction.
This information in this site has been provided by Cherry Bekaert LLP and its affiliates for general information purposes. It does not constitute legal, accounting, tax or other professional advice or services and is presented without any representation or warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the information.
While Cherry Bekaert has made every attempt to ensure that the information contained herein has been obtained from reliable sources, Cherry Bekaert is not responsible for any errors or omissions, or for the results obtained from the use of this information. In no event will Cherry Bekaert, or Cherry Bekaert’s partners, agents or employees be liable to you or anyone else for any decision made or action taken in reliance on the information contained herein or for any consequential, special or similar damages, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
U.S. Treasury Department Circular 230 Disclosure: In accordance with applicable professional regulations, please understand that, unless specifically stated otherwise, any written advice contained in, forwarded with, or attached to this communication is not a tax opinion and is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, by any person for the purpose of (i) avoiding any penalties that may be imposed under the Internal Revenue code or applicable state or local law provisions or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any tax-related matters addressed herein.
Thank you for allowing us to serve your accounting, tax, and financial planning needs. We value your business and are committed to protecting your privacy. We hope you view our firm as your most trusted adviser and we will work to continue earning your trust. Please call us if you have any questions or if we can be of further service.