Is Your Entity Balanced for Success?
In an environment of falling revenues, tightening budgets and increasingly complex compliance restrictions, you need the proper technical guidance to reduce the demands on your staff, allowing you to focus on your constituents.
Your entity benefits from a dedicated Governmental Services Group providing innovative, proactive and effective government consulting that only Cherry Bekaert’s experience and expertise can provide. Our vast experience and knowledge of the industry allows us to apply best business practices among our varied government clients, which range in revenue size from $2 million to $9 billion.
Our professionals have served in key positions on the Governmental Audit Quality Center (“GAQC”), the National Governmental Accounting and Auditing Update Conference (“GAAC”), and State and Local Governments Expert Panel of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (“AICPA”).
Additionally, we have and continue to serve on various State and local committees, as well as attend and teach at conferences hosted by the Government Finance Officer Association (“GFOA”), the Association for School Business Officials (“ASBO”) including various state GFOA and ASBO chapters. You will have access to experts who can tailor our services to best fit your unique situation.
CARES Act Provider Relief Fund Audit Requirements
Learn about CARES Act Provider Relief Fund (HHS COVID-19 Federal program) and find out if...
New Lease Standards for GASB
Receive guidance on lease standard, GASB Statement No. 87, which may impact entity for contracts...
Government Services Industry
Business Leaders Survey on Innovation and Growth
Cherry Bekaert partnered with the Washington Business Journal to survey business leaders on innovation and...
Financial Reporting & Auditing
- CAFR Financial Audits
- Uniform Grant Guidance (UGG) Audits and Data Collection Forms
- Passenger Facility Charge (PFC) Audits
- National Transit Database (NTD) Reporting
- State Specific Required Agreed Upon Procedures and Examinations
- Electronic Submission of Real Estate Assessment Center’s (REAC)
- New GASB Application and Implementation
- Implementation of GASB 87 – Leases
- CAFR Assistance with GFOA and ASBO Certification Programs
- Benefits Consulting
- Business Process and Continuous Process Improvement
- Fraud & Forensics Investigators
- Litigation Support
- Indirect Cost Allocation Plans
- Industry Regulatory Compliance
- Performance Measurement Services
- Privatization and Outsourcing
- Procurement System Reviews
- Profit and Efficiency Studies
- Fraud & Forensic Investigations
- Proposal Preparation and Negotiations
- Section 179D Federal Energy Tax Studies
- Staff Training/Seminars
- Strategic Planning and Process Redesign
- Business Impact Analysis
- Data Analytics
- Disaster Recovery
- IT Risk Assessment
- Pre- and Post-System Implementation Reviews
- Procurement to Payment (P2P)
- Security Framework Assessments
- Segregation of Duties
- Systems Evaluation
- Systems Implementation
Assurance & Performance
- Debt Capacity Studies and Public Offering Assistance
- Contract Closeout Audits
- Debt Covenant Letters
- Evaluation of Corrective Action Plans (CAPS)
- Forensic Audits
- Grant Reviews & Audits
- Internal Audit Co-Sourcing
- Risk Assessment
- SSAE 18 (SOC) 1 reports and SOC 2 reports
- Yellow-Book Performance Audits
- Utility Rate Studies