Guidance through Complex Regulatory Compliance to Enhance Efficient Accountability
In an environment of tightening budgets, increasingly complex compliance restrictions and accelerated change, you need an experienced advisor with a deep understanding of the government sector and specialized expertise who provides the proper technical guidance to reduce the demands on your staff, allowing you to focus on your mission and constituents.
Cherry Bekaert’s Government & Public Sector Group offers deep technical expertise and proactive government accounting, consulting and advisory services to state and local governments and transportation agencies and authorities nationwide. Our dedicated team provides innovative solutions tailored to your unique operations, challenges and strategic plans.
Our vast experience and knowledge with laws, regulations, grant agreements, contracts, and digital transformation within the government and public sector allow us to apply best business practices among our varied clients, which range in revenue size from $2 million to $9 billion.
Our professionals have served in key positions on the Governmental Audit Quality Center (“GAQC”), the National Governmental Accounting and Auditing Update Conference (“GAAC”), the State and Local Governments Expert Panel of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (“AICPA”), as well as participating in the Governmental Accounting Standards Board (“GASB”) Practice Fellow Program.
Additionally, we have and continue to serve on various State and local committees, as well as attend and teach at conferences hosted by the Government Finance Officer Association (“GFOA”) and the Association for School Business Officials (“ASBO”), including various state GFOA and ASBO chapters.
Through our dedicated government and public sector professional experience and leadership roles, we bring unique insight and guidance to ensure our government clients are prepared for future developments.
The Power of Form 2848 Power of Attorney
International Tax Reform Proposals in President Biden’s Fiscal Year ...
Legislative Update and Outlook for 2022: President’s Fiscal Year...
2022 Most Frequently Asked Questions about the American Rescue Plan Ac...
Are You Ready to Capitalize on the Infrastructure Bill?
American Rescue Plan Act Compliance Guidance for State & Local Go...
Financial Reporting & Auditing
- Annual Comprehensive Financial Report (“ACFR”) Financial Audits
- Uniform Grant Guidance (UGG) Audits and Data Collection Forms
- Passenger Facility Charge (PFC) Audits
- National Transit Database (NTD) Reporting
- State Specific Required Agreed Upon Procedures and Examinations
- Electronic Submission of Real Estate Assessment Center’s (REAC)
- New GASB Application and Implementation
- Implementation of GASB 87 – Leases
- ACFR Assistance with GFOA and ASBO Certification Programs
- Benefits Consulting
- Business Process and Continuous Process Improvement
- Fraud & Forensics Investigators
- Litigation Support
- Indirect Cost Allocation Plans
- Industry Regulatory Compliance
- Performance Measurement Services
- Privatization and Outsourcing
- Procurement System Reviews
- Profit and Efficiency Studies
- Fraud & Forensic Investigations
- Proposal Preparation and Negotiations
- Section 179D Federal Energy Tax Studies
- Staff Training/Seminars
- Strategic Planning and Process Redesign
Digital & Information Technology
- Digital Strategy and Business Transformation Services
- Business Impact Analysis
- Business Intelligence and Analytics Services
- Disaster Recovery
- IT Risk Assessment
- Pre- and Post-System Implementation Reviews
- Procurement to Payment (P2P)
- Security Framework Assessments
- Segregation of Duties
- Systems Evaluation
- Systems Implementation
- Business Process Optimization Services and Workflow Automation Services
- Interim/Fractional CxO Services
Assurance & Performance
- Debt Capacity Studies and Public Offering Assistance
- Contract Closeout Audits
- Debt Covenant Letters
- Evaluation of Corrective Action Plans (CAPS)
- Forensic Audits
- Grant Reviews & Audits
- Internal Audit Co-Sourcing
- Risk Assessment
- SSAE 18 (SOC) 1 reports and SOC 2 reports
- Yellow-Book Performance Audits
- Utility Rate Studies
CARES Act Provider Relief Fund Audit Requirements
Learn about CARES Act Provider Relief Fund (HHS COVID-19 Federal program) and find out if...
GASB 87 New Lease Standard Compliance Services
Learn how Cherry Bekaert's compliance and long-term business solution services can help you with GASB...
Accounting & Consulting Services for Government Services Industry
Cherry Bekaert provides government accounting and consulting services to local governments, public authorities, school districts...