International Tax Strategy in the Global Marketplace is Complicated -- Let Us Guide You Forward
Navigating global operations and international expansion can be complex and requires multinational companies to have a strong cross-border tax strategy focused on tax minimization, business structure, mergers and acquisitions, proactive tax planning, and regulatory compliance.
Doing business globally creates opportunities, but it also carries numerous challenges. When you decide to conduct business internationally, many decisions impact the amount of taxes your business pays, such as:
- Where you carry on activities?
- Do you need to form a legal entity?
- How do you finance operations and/or who conducts which activities?
- Where to locate Intellectual Property?
- How to structure a transaction to minimize foreign taxes?
- What is the intercompany pricing for related party transaction?
- What are the reporting requirements in the foreign country and the United States?
When your business crosses international borders you need to understand and comply with tax laws and regulations wherever you have activities. As tax authorities around the world are focused on increasing the amount of tax they collect in an effort to reduce government deficits, the challenge of keeping up-to-date and compliant is getting harder. As a result, many businesses find they need support and advice on a wide range of tax matters.
Understanding Your International Tax Services Needs
Cherry Bekaert’s international tax professionals align global business strategies and desired outcomes with successful international tax strategies by providing an extensive array of international tax planning, compliance, and advisory services. Our professionals have extensive multi-jurisdictional and cross-border transactions experience in both strategic tax planning and implementation.
We have over 70 years of international tax experience and understand the complex and changing tax environment. Our approach is to understand your business and your needs and then, provide practical solutions that allow you to manage the taxes you pay globally while achieving your business objectives. We use tax modeling to predict the effects of tax changes, so you can understand the impact before you act. Further, we ensure that your tax planning withstands scrutiny by tax authorities.
Financial Secrecy Under Attack in the United States: Final Regulations...
Going Global: Laying the Foundation for Growth in International Market...
Proposed Foreign Tax Credit Regulations May Provide Relief for Certain...
Beneficial Ownership Information Reporting Final Rule Explained
IRS Crackdown on Incomplete Transfer Pricing Documentation
Going Global: Data Considerations for Growth in An International Marke...
International Tax Service Solution
Reaching your growth potential requires alignment with the increase in globalization. To help you align, we offer inbound and outbound tax planning services, merger and acquisition strategies and implementation assistance, tax audit support, international tax compliance and reporting, and transfer pricing services. We can guide you through the following areas:
- Cross-Border Tax Consulting Services
- Cross-Border Migrations, Acquisitions, and Divestitures
- International Joint Ventures
- Tax Efficient Cash Repatriation
- Transactional Tax Consulting
- International Tax Compliance Services
- Quantitative and Modeling Services
- Foreign Credit Realization and Utilization
- Legislative Impact Assessments
- 962 Benefit Analysis
- Transfer Pricing Services
- Cross-Border Financing Structures
- Crowdfunding and Cryptocurrencies
- Post-Acquisition Structuring and Modeling
- International Tax Dispute Resolution
- Audit support
- Advance Pricing Agreements
- Competent Authority Matters
- Voluntary Disclosures
- International Tax Regulatory Requirements
- Mandatory Disclosure
- Income Sourcing and Characterization
- Tax Treatment Under Tax Treaties
- Legislative Development
“The global and national tax landscape is ever evolving and companies mitigating risks with proper tax planning around areas of cross-border tax controversy, tax compliance and global tax strategies can help you meet your business objectives – now and into the future.”
– Brian Dill, International Tax Services Leader
How We Can Help You Expand Into International Markets
Our practice is highly collaborative with other areas of the Firm to provide you complete solutions, such as due diligence support, state and local income tax matters, and accounting support including digital solutions. We are part of a global network that allows us to assist you in obtaining advice in foreign countries to ensure that it is in sync with your business and tax objectives.
For more information on how we can help you achieve your cross-border business objectives while maximizing your tax savings and minimizing your tax risk, reach out to your Cherry Bekaert tax professional or our International Tax Services practice today.