Offering Tailored Solutions and Personalized Attention for Private Clients, Entrepreneurs, and Family Offices
With the tax and economic landscape continuously changing, tax reporting is becoming increasingly complex. You need a dedicated and experienced team of private client advisors who understand the wide range of tax, accounting, and business matters impacting your business and personal growth goals and can help you achieve your financial objectives.
Cherry Bekaert’s Private Client Services practice consists of a dedicated team of tax, accounting, and business advisors who have extensive experience serving closely-held businesses, C-suite executives, high-net-worth individuals and their families, family offices, and entrepreneurs. Recognizing that every client and family is unique, we work with you to gain a deep understanding of your individual situation and then develop strategies that help you achieve your goals. Inspired by a client-first mindset, we focus on creating a unique approach to your specific needs to drive exceptional value and a strong vision for the future.
Our aim is to ensure your unique goals and objectives are met. We focus on building and maintaining meaningful relationships that carry through multiple generations – built on trust and mutual respect. Our Private Client Services professionals utilize the specialized resources of the Cherry Bekaert’s specialized industry groups, and strategic tax advisory practice, along with our international affiliate Allinial Global to provide superior service to our U.S. and global clients.
“With our Firm’s core values always at the center of everything we do, our job is to help our clients realize their financial goals – whether it’s through long-term investing, philanthropy, expanding a business or planning for the future, we are their guide forward.”
— Barb Smith, Partner, Private Client Services Practice Leader
Private Client Tax, Accounting, and Financial Services to Help You Achieve Your Business, Family, and Personal Goals
Tax Planning and Compliance
Comprehensive Planning Tailored to You and Your Business
Personal tax planning can be complicated and requires experienced tax advisors who keep abreast of the latest relevant changes in legislation. Cherry Bekaert’s Private Client Services tax consultants are well-versed in the everchanging tax guidelines and can help you preserve wealth and ensure compliance with federal, and state, tax laws.
- Entity Structuring: Limited Partnerships, Limited Liability Companies, S and C Corporations, Charitable Entities
- Multistate Individual Taxation, Including Residency Issues, Income-Sourcing and State and Local Tax Minimization
- Tax Planning and Projections
- Preparation of Federal, State, and Local Income Tax Returns for Individuals and Entities
- Preparation of Required U.S. Reporting Information for Foreign Transactions
- Business Succession Planning
- Tax Services for U.S. Citizens Abroad
- Federal and State Tax Audit Representation
Estate & Gift Tax and Charitable Planning
Protect Your Estate and Family with Comprehensive Wealth Preservation Planning
Preservation and protection of your wealth for you and future generations involves comprehensive tax and financial planning strategies. Effective estate tax planning minimizes estate taxes and provides asset protection for your family and future generations. Our dedicated Estate & Trusts team focuses on strategies to minimize the asset transfer tax burden, maximize assets protection, and identifying and implementing specific strategies for the transfer of personal and business interests to the individuals or entities that our clients desire. Cherry Bekaert is here to carefully understand and work with your individual family and financial situation to properly provide guidance in all areas of estate tax planning and trust taxes.
- Asset Protection Planning
- Charitable Gifting Strategies
- Estate & Gift Tax Planning
- Fiduciary Tax Services, including Estate & Trust Accounting
- Foreign Trust and Assets Planning and Reporting
- Special Needs Planning
- Taxation for Trusts and Estates
- Transfer Taxes Mitigation
- Trust Structuring for Tax Savings and Beneficiary Protection
Compensation & Benefits Consulting
Maintain Growth and Profitability within Your Company
Our compensation and benefit planning consultants can help your company maximize the dollars spent on compensation and benefits consulting for executives and staff, while helping you take advantage of tax savings and retention design opportunities. Our compensation and benefits consultant services include:
- Executive Compensation Advisory
- Golden Parachute Planning, Assessment and Mitigation
- Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) Qualified Plans
- Supplemental Executive Retirement Plans (SERPs)
- Executive Deferral Nonqualified Plans
- Stock Appreciation Rights (SARs)
- Phantom Stock Plans
- Restricted Stock Plans & Restricted Stock Units
Family Office Services
Focused on You, Your Family, and the Future You Want to Build
Family Office services centralizes the management of financial and tax matters for high net-worth families and individuals with a clear focus on strategies to build for the future. Applying a collaborative approach to everything we do, our dedicated team offers the resources and global capabilities required for virtually any tax or financial need, as well as a perspective gained from a wide variety of advisory services. Our people also work closely with a family’s other advisors, including their attorney, investment adviser, and other trusted professionals to ensure a holistic approach to your wealth planning. Our services are flexible and scalable to the needs of each family we work with.
- Cybersecurity Reviews and Consulting
- Disaster Recovery Planning
- Family Meeting Structuring and Organization
- Financial Reporting in Support of Family Informational Needs
- Income, Gift, Estate, and Trust Tax Plans and Compliance
- Investment Advisor Review and Evaluation
- Structuring of Entities to Achieve Family Ambitions and Minimize Tax Issues
- Succession Planning – Family Office and Related Entities
Client Accounting Services
Custom Solutions and Streamlined Processes to Optimize Business Growth
Outsource key business and financial services to our Client Accounting Services (CAS) practice at a fraction of the cost to manage with in-house accountants. You gain an experienced accounting and financial management team to manage your critical business processes more efficiently leveraging cloud technology platforms, automation tools, and machine learning. Empower your internal staff and financial resources to support higher-value, revenue-generating core business functions.
- Accounting Operations Consulting
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- Controllership Services
- Data Analytics and Insights
- Payroll Advisory
- Virtual CFO
International Tax Services – Personal and Trust Tax Planning
Guiding You Forward in a Changing Global Landscape
Individual owners of international businesses often require income, estate, trust, and gift tax expertise from both the U.S. tax perspective and the non-U.S. tax jurisdiction perspective. Cherry Bekaert’s international tax professionals provide an extensive array of international tax planning, compliance, and advisory services, aligning global business strategies and desired outcomes with successful international tax strategies. Our Private Client Services practice works closely with the Firm’s International Tax Services practice and our Allinial Global network around the world to assist our clients with identifying and prioritizing the family’s objectives for the preservation and distribution of family wealth.
- U.S. Estate and Gift Tax for Non-U.S. Persons with Investments in U.S. Property
- Estate Tax Planning
- International Asset Protection Planning
- Planning and Transactions Involving Foreign Trusts
- Taxation of Foreign Pensions to U.S. Persons
- Pre-U.S. Immigration Income and Estate Tax Planning
- Foreign Gift Planning to U.S. Persons
- Planning For a U.S. Person Living or Investing Abroad
- Expatriation from the U.S. Planning
- Required Tax Compliance and Regulatory Filings
Tax Credits & Incentives Advisory Services
Take Advantage of All Allowable Credits
Our Tax Credits & Incentives Advisory practice can help you avoid unnecessary tax payments and identify value-added opportunities that have a direct positive impact on your bottom line and create cash savings.
- Cost Segregation Studies
- Employee Retention Credits (ERC)
- Real Estate Related Credits & Incentives
- Research & Development Tax Credits
Wealth Management & Financial Planning Services
Maximizing Strategies for Long-Term Wealth Planning
Cherry Bekaert Wealth Management (CBWM) offers clients thoughtful, attentive investment strategies and advisory services provided by a team of experienced and objective financial advisors. Whether a client’s needs center on wealth management or retirement planning, CBWM’s focus is on wise financial stewardship designed to maximize comprehensive financial planning and investment strategies for every life stage.
- Alternative Investment Planning and Strategy
- Life Insurance Planning
- Retirement Planning
- Variable Investment Plans (VIP)
- Wealth Management
Build Back Better Act Tax Proposals: Considerations for Private Investment Funds & Sponsors
Find out more on proposed tax changes to be incorporated in the Build Back Better...
Q&A on Proposed Tax Rate Changes for Individuals per the Treasury’s Green Book
Listen to our podcast to learn how the proposed tax law changes may impact individuals....
Controlling Income Recognition using a Charitable Trust
With capital gains tax rate changes looming in Washington, learn more on controlling income recognition...
Estate Tax Planning Under the New Biden Administration
Find out more about proposed changes to gift and estate laws and how it could...
Treasury’s Green Book, Part 1: Tax Rates, High Income Earners, and Capital Gains
Listen to our podcast as we review Treasury’s Green Book and learn about proposed tax...
2021 Year-End Tax Planning for Government Contractors
Listen to our podcast to learn tax-saving steps government contractors can take before the year...
Successful Insider Transfers Require Proper Exit Planning: Are You Up to the Task?
Watch our webinar on exit planning and learn about insider transfers including steps to take...
Estates & Trusts
Planning for you and your family’s future is an important and ongoing process. Your estate...
Compensation & Benefits Consulting
Maintaining growth and profitability within your company largely relies on the effective use of compensation...
Our Outsourced Client Accounting Services (CAS) provide clients with an experienced team at a fraction...
International Tax Services
Our practice is highly collaborative with other areas of the Firm to provide you complete...
Tax Credits & Incentives Advisory
With a depth of knowledge and practical experience obtaining tax incentives, our team can help...